Too cold to fish?

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by tssievert, Jan 23, 2007.

1. tssievert

tssievert New Member

State:
    kansas
    when is it too cold to fish? i'm really wanting to catch some fish. i didn't get a deer, i haven't seen any rabbits, and i don't like squirrel so the fridge is looking pretty bare. so when/where can i catch some cats?

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Troy Welcome to the BOC.A good time to go fishing is anytime you can get away.There are a lot of good cat fisherman from Kansas and there will be a BOC member along to give you directions to a good lake or river in your area.:0a26: :0a18: :0a25:

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Welcome to the family Troy if you can stand the temps then it aint too cold im a wuss if its below 40 i cant take it got my hands frostbit bout 25 yrs ago

4. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    Too cold for me i havent been out sence Jan. 1 here in a couple months it should start to warm up enough to start getting out more.

5. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    WELCOME ABOARD!!

As for, "...when is it too cold to fish?..."

Never.

Next question. :lol:

Seriously, when the water is frozen. I don't ice fish, so the water has to NOT be frozen for me to fish. It gets into the teens and 20's here, but the water does not freeze.

Cold weather can be some of the best weather for catching monster blues. Why? I DON'T KNOW!!! But for some reason the bite picks up. Dress warm and go out and have some fun.

6. kscatman

kscatman New Member

State:
    LAWRENCE,KS
    Its never too cold to fish for me. I chase cats in the summer and fish crappie,wipers and trout in the winter. I went out yesterday, must admit I froze my butt off, but it was a slow day. If you like to catch crappie winter is the best time in my oppinion. The fish school up in big balls in deep water creek and river channels. If you have a boat and a good graph it's not too hard to catch a mess of big crappie,wipers or white bass.

7. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Troy. I fish a little at Hillsdale lake in the winter. Not as much this year so far because of the temps.

8. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Never too cold for me I will give it a try whenever I get the time. Just read my report in member reports entitled Trout report from VA.

Wheelmobile07