Too busy to catfish.....

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by bnt55, Jun 23, 2009.

1. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    Have you ever been too busy to catfish? I run a construction business and while I am counting my blessings on one hand, the other is wishing it had a fishing pole in it:sad2:. Don't get me wrong I am very blessed to have alot of jobs going (wish they all paid more....) and hopefully things will stay on the upswing but I still would like to be fishing. Any of you guys ran into this dilema before, happy to have work but sad to miss out on your favorite pastime?

Bill

2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    WHATS WORK??????:smile2: Never to busy to fish.

3. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Man Bill consider yourself lucky. I have been out of work for 3 months now with nothing in sight. I have lots of time to fish but little or no money to go much.:sad2: Just try to make time for it, like an appointment with Mr. Whiskers. He needs a new home in your belly!

4. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    havent had that problem since i been laid off lol. I know what your saying but be lucky you got a job bro.

5. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    like I said, I am very happy to go to work and consider myself blessed to have jobs waiting on me, but I guess everyone wants everything done immediately so that leaves precious little time for Mr. Whiskers!

Good luck guys in getting back into a job hope everything works out for you!

Bill

6. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I feel your pain Bill..........I work for a paving company IF I do get time to fish I usually don't when its this hot because I have been out in the hot blacktop all day. So I just stay inside in the central air.:smile2:

7. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    I'm lucky. I retired in 2000. Worked for Uncle Sam for 30 yrs. The last 6 yrs of that I worked at night as a deputy sheriff. To much stress working for uncle, when they offered an out I took it and quit the sheriffs dept.
    I hope jobs start happening soon for the guys looking.

8. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Bill count your Blessing's...Lol that you have work ..Now as far as fishing goes they'll still be there when work slow's down:big_smile:

9. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Bill, I too am a Contractor and I know how you feel Bro,,It does get to ya every now and then:smile2::smile2:...When you got them jobs ,like you say you have to get on top of them .Customers#1:smile2::smile2::smile2::crazy:

Work on my end is pretty slow for this time of year..Hopefully it gets in gear before winter hits..:wink:

OH! Go catch some fish Bro,,What part of ky you from?

10. whiskerchick

whiskerchick New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hi all! I've been lurking and thought this would be an appropriate thread to introduce myself on. I am finally fishing again after not having the time for almost 15 years.

It's amazing how you "lose" something you loved to do because you get bogged down in what you should be doing, general worry and stress etc. Don't get me wrong, I'm self employed too and understand the demands placed on your time. Since I moved to a small town in Indiana I've realized there is more to life than worry and it's not the end of the world if the grass is cut on the 8th day instead of the 7th. So, for me begins a process of sifting thru the things that really matter, I'm grateful for the opportunity and also for the wonderful information on this forum. Of course, it helps having a neighbor full of wild fish tales and a photo album to back it up....he's promised to hook me up with a catfish so huge it dang near pulls me into the river! I can't wait!
    Linda

11. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    Welcome Linda, to the BOC! And for finding the time to go fishin, I just combine fish time with sleep time, multi-task a lil' bit.

12. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I'm to busy too but not from work but because I'm a family man..I'm the only one here who likes to fish and the rest of my family is back in Louisiana..I do work full time and drive an hour there and an hour back to get to work..And because I work 2nd shift and the wife works 1st shift I only get to spend time with my wife and kids on the weekends..They come before fishing of course..Hate to hear you guys are outa work..I had a few scares myself..My company slashed the workforce in half..Luckily I was spared..Hope ya'll land some work soon..

13. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Linda. Get out there and catch yourself a biggun!!

14. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I understand what you mean. I am a project manager and I will admit that for me to enjoy fishing, my mind needs to be relaxed for a few hours. I really don't enjoy sitting on the river bank thinking about nothing but current jobs or upcoming projects.

15. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    For me, I would rather fish than eat, but I have to pay the bills. I just go when I can(which ain't enough). If I am off work I have the honey do list to work on also.

16. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Welcome to the BOC Linda.