Tony Stewart leaving JGR ?

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by wolfman, Apr 24, 2008.

1. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Yes, rumors has it that Tony Stewart could possibly be moving over to Haas CNC Racing in 2009. This will put him back in a Chevrolet and possibly part ownership of the team.

2. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    It makes sense. Tony has matured into a keen business man as well as a driver. He already owns a late model dirt car team, a sprint, midget, and a World of Outlaws team, and Eldora Speedway. Why not get into a position to own part of his bread and butter income.

3. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    he also still has a corvette in a comercial. i am sure that has the toyota people in a tizzy. he has always been a chevy guy so it makes sense.

4. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Yeh, I heard that. They said he's gonna keep growing his hair until then and his new sponsor FLOWBEE was gonna cut it at the new car unveiling...lol :smile2::tounge_out:

5. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    LOL! Hair aint all he's growin! I think he needs to take those Subway commercials with Jarrod a lil more seriously. :smile2:

6. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    ill be a fan no matter what team he decides to join,i say good luck to him.

7. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    this is the first i have heard of it...seems like it is just that: a rumor. you have a link Walter?

8. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
  9. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    News to me, but not at all surprising. The man is gonna do what he thinks gives him the best consistent shot at winning. And he is a chevy homer.:big_smile:

10. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    This isnt the first time that Tony has "used" the media to negotiate his contracts.
    I'll believe it when he actually does it.
    Until then its all about a contract renewal.

11. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    part of the latest article from nascar.

Stewart said he has been approached by multiple teams -- believed to be as many as five now -- that have talked with him about future employment. He admitted that he has been intrigued by the offers, which have included giving him an ownership piece of the pie.

Until Sunday, J.D. Gibbs and his father, team owner Joe Gibbs, had not met with the media to discuss the latest news involving their star driver -- having only released a statement briefly describing their position. They expanded on that at length Sunday.

Perhaps the most important point made was that owning a race team at JGR likely is not going to be an option for Stewart. Asked directly about that possibility, J.D. Gibbs replied: "Right now probably not ownership in Joe Gibbs Racing. I think our deal is set the way it is. I think we could do some stuff to help him get started with his own team if that's what he really wanted."

Stewart, however, had earlier indicated that he wasn't certain he would want to start his own team from scratch. The bottom line is that there appears to be a long way to go before Stewart makes up his mind -- a point Gibbs stressed when he joked with Hendrick on Sunday.