Tony Spergin Memorial Gathering (June 20,21,& 22)

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by jason454ci, Jun 15, 2008.

1. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    In honor of our beloved friend and brother Tony Spergin our annual Ohio gathering will now be called the Tony Spergin Memorial Gathering. I can't think of any better way of celebrating our friendship with such a great person. He loved to attend the gatherings and breakfast meetings that we had and always jumped on the chance to meet up with a brother. I figure this is the best way to give a little back to a person who gave us all such a great friendship.

We will now be holding a memorial service before dinner around 1:30pm on saturday. This will give everyone a chance to share their fond memories of Tony with each other. I would also like to have a memorial tournament saturday night with the proceeds going to Tony's wife Eva. This would be strictly by donation only and you can give however much you would like. I will try to get a trophy to donate this week for first place.

I will be at the Dillon campgrounds around 6 or 6:30 friday night. Anyone wishing to show up earlier and get set up or to meet up please do. Friday night will be primarily meeting up and heading out for a night of fishing. You have Dillon Lake and the Muskingum River to choose from. So where you fish is up to you. Saturday afternoon I would like to have a potluck lunch around 2:00 pm. Everyone just bring a dish of some sorts or refreshments. Please post what you plan to bring so I can get a list going that way we know what we have and what we need to get. If anyone has or can get some channel cat fillets please let me know and maybe we can have a fish fry again this year. After the lunch it will be off for another night of fishing. Anyone having any question please let me know.

Here is a list of members that plan to attend so far.
    If I missed anyone for the list please let me know. Trying to do this in a hurry as I have a million things to catch up on.

1. Tspergin
    2. Jason454ci
    3. Catfish Rollo
    4. Retired to fish
    5. Katfish Kyle
    6. Catfish Hunter79
    7. Smokey869
    8. Ramrod
    9. Cats gone wild
    10. Hunted
    11. Doughboy
    12. Fish hook
    13. Bobby Lee
    14. Netman Jack
    15. S Man
    16. Jerry B
    17. Luckey Wade
    18. Ryan G
    19. Slimdaddy
    20. Slowboat
    21. Catbird

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Awesome jason...just awesome...i can't express in better words.... thanks....rollo

3. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    wife gonna make tater salad and macaroni salad and bring some pop and homemade rolls and sounds like a great thing to do for tony wish i could have met him

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I wish I could make it guys. I will be there but just not in person.:sad2:

5. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Jason .... I will bring 2 packs of hotdog bunns and 2 packs of hamburg bunns .... if we are going to have that meat available .... Garry- :eek:oooh:

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Same here, i would be there if it wasn't so far and having to work. This about as kind of gesture as i've seen lately and i want to express my sympathy to all Tony's family and friends.

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    might wanna bring 4 pks. of dogs garry....ryang has been known to rob lunch for his evening bait:wink: rollo

8. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    I wish i were able to make this special event. I wish i could have met Tony in person, just from reading his posts tells you he's a heck of a guy.Had some good jokes too. I'm willing to bet he's gonna put ya'll on some nice fish nextweekend...bassmassey

9. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    I will be staying at camp site 152 in section 2. That is the same section most of us stayed in last year. Anyone interested in reserving a site can go to the link below and do so.

http://www.ohio.reserveworld.com/default.aspx

If anyone needs directions to the campgrounds click on the link below then click get directions at the top and put in your address. It will get you real close just go about 1/2 mile on out the road and you are there.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...9464,-82.088642&sspn=0.067177,0.160675&num=10

10. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    i will be down either fri nite or sat morning, ill bring some burgers and brats a few packs of each for the lunch, if anything else is needed please let me know, i think this is a great idea im sure all the brothers that can will attend

11. RIVERRUNT

RIVERRUNT New Member

State:
    reynoldsburg ohio
    Great Tribute To Tony!!!Will try to make it friday night for sure.Am leaving for tennessee over the weekend so im not sure about saturday.Need anything else let me know.

12. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Im planning on getting there Friday afternoon (after 4ish) and may spend the night in my Van for saturdays festivities. I wont be able to stay all day cause my son has a Boy Scout thing to do.

13. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    Well hey, I can bring forks spoons napkins some beef jerkey.:cool2:
    Any one want to fish dresden pool muskium river sat urday night let me now.
    from boat .7043894.

14. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    sounds like a great thing to do jason

15. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I'll be there Friday evening. Call me with what to bring. I'll also see about a trophy. Call me Jason (Landis) if there is anything at all you need. I will post funeral info here as soon as I get it.

We are also rustling up a small fund for a floral arrangement. Checking with Mgmt to make sure it is ok.

paypal to loanwizard@hotmail.com

Trust me, I'm a used car dealer.... Tony did. :wink:

16. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    If it wasn't about a 10 hour drive, I would have loved to come out.

17. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    That is a scary thought Shawn .... :wink: But it is on it's way .... Garry- :big_smile:

18. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Thank you brothers for all the great support on this gathering it is very much appreciated. I haven't had the time I would have like to have had to put into this, but with everyone as willing to help out as they are I think we might just be able to pull it off. Here is the list that I have so far on who is coming and what they are brining.

1. Tspergin
    2. Jason454ci (Anything else that is needed)
    3. Catfish Rollo
    4. Retired to fish (2 packs of hotdog buns, 2 packs of hamburger buns)
    5. Katfish Kyle
    6. Catfish Hunter79
    7. Smokey869 (Burgers and brats)
    8. Ramrod
    9. Cats gone wild (The most delicious baked beans known to man)
    10. Hunted
    11. Doughboy
    12. Fish hook
    13. Bobby Lee
    14. Netman Jack (Roaster for Phils beans & ?)
    15. S Man
    16. Jerry B
    17. Luckey Wade (Spoons, forks, napkins, and beef jerky)
    18. Ryan G
    19. Slimdaddy (Tater & macaroni salad, Homemade rolls, soda.)
    20. Slowboat
    21. Catbird

19. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Ive never met Tony personally. I only know him from the BOC. Ive always enjoyed his post and wisdom, a gentle man I can say. I cannot attend but will be there in thought and prayer. RIP Tony my BOC brother.

20. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    jason put me down for the glowsticks for a tribute to Tony we can all put on a rod sat. night. and for whatever else food wise thats needed. you have my phone number, feel free to call me if you need help with anything else.... I will be there for a short while sat. work depending, and planning on fishing saturday night.....rollo