TONS OF SHAD!!!!

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by OhioSportsmen, Jun 26, 2009.

1. OhioSportsmen

OhioSportsmen New Member

State:
    ohio
    If Any one around bookville Indiana needs shad for bait and dosent already know about this sopt the brookville tail waters are the best ive ever seen all the way at the top right where they let it out of the lake there are 1,000s of shad ive never seen anything like it threw my cast net untill my 5gallon bucket was filled it was crazy, big shad too.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Michael Welcome to the BOC, from Illinois. Thanks for sharing the bait information with the fisherman in your area.:0a22::0a25::0a25:

3. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Right on Michale,

Welcome to the BOC,

and thanks for the information

cliff

4. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Welcome to the BOC Michael. Thanks for the info...

5. rmoran171

rmoran171 New Member

State:
    Cedar Grove In
    Very true, theres also usually tonns in the tail waters at the bottom of the dam at whitewater resiorvor.

6. Steve

Steve New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I used to throw a net there alot but have heard that the Co's are now busting people for throwing to close to the dam.
    Steve

7. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    yeah ive never attempted to throw my net at the spillway of brookville.. actually only been there once to check it out, and figured with all those fences, it probably wasnt a good idea.. im not sure if your actually allowed to or not, hopefully the brookville regulars will pipe in on this soon!

Welcome to the BOC, and thanks for telling us how you did though!!

8. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks for giving away our BAIT hole. LOL It is the best there is anywhere. But it is also illegal to throw a net with in 200 yards of a dam or spillway. My buddy got popped for it last weekend. We where both throwing. I got away he didnt. Never gave him a ticket though, just verbal warning. The biggest thing now is that they actually watch you on cameras there now and can actually watch you all the way back to your vehicle and get your licence plate number. You also used to be able to get in on the tower on the lake which is supposed to be off limits. But now they pick up your boat number on the cameras around the tower as well. The new guy in the tower is a stickler for the simple rules. I think he has nothing better to do than watch ever move that is made. Which means dont pee in the woods Because that is public indicency.

9. OhioSportsmen

OhioSportsmen New Member

State:
    ohio
    wow had no idea that would be illegel thought because you can fish the tailwaters that would be fine plus ive seen other people do it i never thought much about it. thanks for leting me know i definently wont be back to try my luck a ticket is the last thing i need rite now.

10. rmoran171

rmoran171 New Member

State:
    Cedar Grove In
    Wow!! I hope they didnt get my plate number cause i was at the spillway last evening to some shad!! I think i was at least 2oo ft. away though. Quess ill find out soon enough if i get a ticket in the mail

11. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    Welcome to the BOC Michael:wink:

12. Steve

Steve New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I went back and checked the regulations and if I'm not mistaken the distance is 300 yards from any dam in the state.
    Steve