tonights get together

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by poopdeck [patrick], Jul 25, 2009.

1. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    A few of us are meeting tonight at alton marina to go fishing. So far it looks like willie and his brother, mr and mrs okie and me and buckdoe. If anyone else wants to bring their boat up there and fish with us your welcome. We will all be there about six.

2. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    A little far for me Pat but hope you have the best of luck.

3. catfishman352007

catfishman352007 New Member

State:
    ARNOLD/IMPERIAL
    if my boat motor was fixed and i had the money id b there with my reels ascreaming for some actions wish you all the best of luck:embarassed:

4. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    Look out Okies me and pooper are teaming up.
    have camera ready there might be a nutroll or two.
    we want to catch it.
    Hope it don't end up like the doggie.

5. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I gave up fishing up there about 4 yr's ago. Truck got broke into at:
    Piasa
    Grafton
    Pierre Marquette
    Alton Marina
    & Maple Island

As you can see, over an 7 yr's period I had to replace window, door locks & even an entire door. Even when I left it unlocked, they trashed it & cut the seats.

Sorry, I'll stay closer to home. Never had a problem once at Flamm City, Platin Rock Boat Club or Truman.

6. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    By the way, Manny & I put in at Flamm City last night. Level was at 7 ft and had no problems. The most shallow I saw on the river was right off the ramp @ 2.5 ft. Most of the channel was 5-9 ft all the way down to the Mississippi. Larger boats or taller trailers might find it uncomfortable ramping, but once out it would be fine..

7. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Sorry to hear that Tom, I do know that Alton Marina has security that patrols through there now...if that makes you feel any more comfortable! :big_smile:

Somehow, I was told they won't need me for this overtime gig, so...that means Mrs River-Rat and I will be attending too! :big_smile: I just don't think I have her talked into the "all-nighter" business though, so we most likely will be pulling out a bit earlier than most of you other folks:roll_eyes:....although if I tell her this is a "dollar-tourney" she just might change her mind! She has a very competitive side to her! :crazy::big_smile::smile2:

8. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    I was planning on attending when it was going to be at Flamm, but I've never had much luck up that way and it's a pretty good drive for me to haul my boat all the way up there to NOT catch fish....lol You hitting the river again tonight down this way Tom?

9. catfishman352007

State:
    ARNOLD/IMPERIAL
    hey there malichi1970 this is kevin and i was wondering if you was going out to flamm city if you mind if i joined you ? get back to me

10. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Well, Kevin I'd love to put in at Flamm, but my boat isn't a flat bottom like Tom's and 2.5 foot of water would be damn near impossible for me to launch in...

11. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    If the fish are biting I will stay out all night, if not I will be leaving about 11 or 12.

12. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I'm guessing you got your boat fixed huh Mike?

13. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Seems to be running the last two times out....so far so good. I just keep my fingers crossed :wink:

14. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Hell, that's when they START biting! :crazy: Normally doesn't get real good till about 1-2am!!!

15. catfishman352007

State:
    ARNOLD/IMPERIAL
    if you want to put in at gw i can meet you there you name the time and place

16. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    gw?

17. Mrs Okie

Mrs Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Illinois

Great..glad that ya'll are gonna be there. I bet ya a dollar that the damn Okie will do his best to beat me tonight. Looking forward to seeing the Mrs. again.

18. catfishman352007

State:
    ARNOLD/IMPERIAL
    george winter or arnold bridge

19. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    GW...George Winter, gotcha...no I have a deep V boat and when the Meramec gets low I avoid it as much as possible. So when the river comes back Kevin I'm all for getting us out there and doing some fishing.

20. catfishman352007

State:
    ARNOLD/IMPERIAL
    how did eveyone do last night give me details and pics plz thanks i sure wish i could of made it but due to money issues i couldnt:sad2: