Tonight's fishing was the pits!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Sentry Dog Man, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Sentry Dog Man

Sentry Dog Man New Member

State:
    TN
    Got on the water at about 9:30PM, Saturday night. Fished until about 1:30 AM (Sunday morning). Set out 9 jugs, 6 baited with shrimp, 3 baited with hot dogs (all at about 6' deep). Set jugs back in a small cove.

Two rods, one baited with a crawdad, the other with a large creek chub (was drifting/trolling around with rods in the same general area where I had the jugs set out). Never even a tap on anything. All bait still intact on the jugs.

Thought for sure, that I might get some kind of action on the jugs, in the area I set them out. But, alas, failure occured once again, on what most of the "locals", call the "dead sea" (Watauga Lake, upper NE, TN)

2. Crackr

Crackr New Member

State:
    Indiana
    That indeed is the pits, but you ain't alone. I fished White River from 8PM Saturday until 3:45AM Sunday, had something snap my 30 lb. test around 9:30PM, then nothing at all the rest of the night. For me, I'm gettin' tired of saying, "Oh well, I didn't land anything but I had a great time." I'll keep at it, and so will you. Good luck next time out.

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Brother that is the story of my whole year, better luck next time out. But, at least you got out on the water, that is always nice.

4. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    ITS THE MOON!! LOL!!

Tatersalad and me went out Friday night and it was waaaay slower than normal. We fished from 8:00pm-3:00am and only caught 10 fish. We had to work to get them, hopping from spot to spot.

I think it is the "post spawn" lull that seems to hit cats.