Tonight

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by SLIPKNOT, Jul 30, 2008.

1. SLIPKNOT

SLIPKNOT New Member

State:
    Alton,IL
    Ryan, Willie, and me are putting in at 6 at CB is anyone is out give one of us a cal!!!

618-558-2424

2. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Bring an umbrella!

3. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Isn't the meeting tonight?

4. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Guess I should have read the post below this one before responding. :smile2:

5. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Good luck out there tonight.. You do know that there will be alot of big trash out there with the river climbing the way it did..

6. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Hell, I just got off the phone with Ryan, they were heading down the Missouri river as we spoke. They are already out there and hoping to catch a few hogs! Now that is a sign of a die hard fisherman! Or fool, depends on your view!

7. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Considering the storms rolling in and out of the area tonight I'd say fools, but thats just me. :roll_eyes:

8. SLIPKNOT

SLIPKNOT New Member

State:
    Alton,IL

Hell a little water never hurt anyone.......Well Willie has a new PB and I can't tie a hook to save my life....o ya and we caught over 20 fish tonight...fools...I THINK NOT!!!!:big_smile:

9. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Well congrats to Willie! How big was it?

10. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Willie, I'm starting to see a pattern here. I haven't got wet once this year. And you sir?

I do here by hand over the title of Gateway Weatherman to you!!!

Congrats on the "Personal Best". Way to go.

11. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    Hey Jason thanks again for letting Me and Ryan tag along with ya.

FOOLS? yeah right, Last night was the best night of fishing in my book. So we got a little wet at first, big deal...........After the storm it was well worth it. Jason tagged a fish right off the bat. About ten min. later Ryan jump in. I was feeling left out for a while then BAM my rod goes down hard I was pump, grab the rod he fault nice.........Got em to the boat and laughter broke out..........It was a pretty lil turtle............LMAO

now Im pissed......after that Ryan got a double. A blue and a Flathead. Me still no fish. the trash pushed us out of that spot. We moved back up river. NO RAIN........FOOLS? Ryan got another fish, My rod at the front of the boat gets tugged. That was the start of a long night. Jason rod get hit hard....... I get a channel, Ryan gets a blue, I get a PB blue just 29lbs sorry Harold you'll get one this year buddy, Ryan gets another, Jason gets ripped again lost the hook, I get another 23lbs, Jason gets ripped again lost the hook, Ryan gets another, I gets another, Jason rod gets Slammed hard lost the hook, I get another then another then Ryan then you guess it more hooks in the river . It kind of went like that all night. .......lol srry Jason you know Im just teasing. Your one heck of a fishermen and guide. Hope we can do it again sometime. 5:30 came around and me needing to be at work at 8:30 decided we should call it quits. Just as I got my first rod in my second rod goes down . what a way to in the night. Thanks again Jason for gettin us out there. I havent had that kind of action in a long time. thanks bud.

12. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Congrats Willie!!:big_smile: Glad you guys got into them again!:wink:

13. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Congrats Willy, glad ya'll found the fish:wink: And whats a few hooks now an then? I caught a blue last Saturday that went about 10# that had a j hook in it's mouth somebody had lost. It happens.:confused2:

14. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Congrats on the PB. Now move on to bigger and better!!

15. Ol Swampy

Ol Swampy New Member

State:
    Festus Mo.
    Congrats Willie! I see a 50+ in the books for you this year.
    This has been one screwed up year but when you find them it seems like everyone is getting into some quality fish.

16. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Good Job guys! Oh....and thanks for all the texts rubbing it in my face!:crazy::wink::smile2:

Congrats to you Willie on the new PB!

Sounds like Jason needs to go to hook tying 101! No worries, Stl Stitch had to go also!:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2: In fact I bet we all have!

I have recieved the green light for Sunday night! So I plan on being somewhere on the Mississippi Sunday evening and most of the night! I hope to find some new spots!

17. kennylee

kennylee New Member

State:
    Missouri -
    WTG Willie, congrats on the PB, sounds like that was one great night of fishing.
    The way this years going if you aren't wet you aren't fishing,lol.

18. Nessie

Nessie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Congrats on the new PB Willie

19. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Bill get out there and find some new water, these old spots of yours are only producing 20 fish and we were hoping for 30.:smile2: No, Jason said that was one of your spots buddy so thanks for doing the leg work.

Now I am one who usually just lets these kind of things pass and never brings up another persons mistakes but I feel it is my duty to bring to light the events that were taking place out of the left side of the boat.:smile2: Jason is a he!! of a nice guy and it pains me to tell this story but it has to be told.

The first fish of the night was a nice 5 to 7 lb blue that hit hard and came in on our Captains side of the boat. The rest of his fish last night are another story. Tap..tap..tap....slam, no hook up. etc etc all night long. Then SLAM....fish on....not anymore. Leaves it out there for 20 min, no hook. Slam....fish on....not anymore. Leaves it out there for 10 min, no hook. SLAM....no fish....you guessed it no hook.:smile2::smile2::smile2: And the night seemed to progress this way for our fearless-hook donating Capt. He never caught another fish all night other than that one 5-7 lb blue that hit withing the first 5 minutes of the trip. I don't know but the name QUICK-RELEASE comes to mind.:smile2::smile2:

It wasn't so funny at first but after the third or fourth time it got down right hilarious. Seriously though, I had a great time out there with Jason and Willie and congrats on a new PB Willie.

20. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT

That or T.J. HOOKER!:crazy::smile2::smile2: