Tonight was the night!

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by joe0580, Sep 3, 2006.

1. joe0580

joe0580 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    went fsing with some freinds and new gear and the cats were ready. yes the water was higher than usual but man the cats were hungry. with in 15 minutes of getting into spot we had our first run with a small 8 lb blue. than another rod went off witha nice cat that broke 30 lb leader line due to a tree stump. but he wil be there to be caught again. next was my turn and man was this cat nice. she weighted in at 56lb and was 49 inches long with a 30 inch girth. yes i said 56 lbs. lost 2 more in that size range due to trash flowing down river but did get one more cat to us in about 10 lb range. we only fished about 4 hours and man was it worth it. will post pics ion morning. hope you all had good luck too.

2. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    man i cant wait to see these pics!! im going out monday and its just finishing up raining here in pennsylvania i hope them cats are hungry!

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Man oh live My hands are sweaty and I am excited to go fishing in the am. I can't wait to see thoses pics. Congrats on a productive night of fishing.

4. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Hey Joe I noticed over the years you always do well on the Cape fear. Something I don't unerstand though. I've been there and seen the terrian. If I fished down there all the time I would go with braided line. Reason being is because of all the trees in the water. If you hook a gaint you really have to put it to them to get in. Over here on the Yadkin I mostly use mono because it's all rock bottom.. Braided line and rocks don't mix well.

5. bigcatJoe

bigcatJoe New Member

State:
    indiana
    Sounds like you had a good night.

6. joe0580

joe0580 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    the reason i dont use braid and use mono is trash in water and that braid does not float eel heads up like mono does. have tried time and time again but not as much luck. guess you got to use what works best.

7. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I don't care what you used, that is one nice fish!

8. bufryda1

bufryda1 New Member

State:
    Erwin, NC
    thats a good one.Bruiser blue. sounds like yall had a good trip. i know your itchin to get back. Im going out today.

9. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Congrats on the nice cat!! Thanks for sharing!!

10. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    hey how come we never catch cats like that when I fish with you anyway congrats you deserve it after all the troubles you have had lately....

NOW WHERES THE PICS....:tounge_out:

11. joe0580

joe0580 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    trying to post them but i guess need to send to you and have you resize them for me. plus we have not gone to this spot. only go therte about 5 times a year and this is what i get for it. i take you there some time ok

12. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    congrats on the fish!!!

Thanks to greggofish for teaching me how to resize pics..

Attached Files:

13. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    WOW. VERY nice,john. Thanks for the photos.

14. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Is he smiling in the one photo? I think so. WTG nice fish

15. BamaCats

BamaCats Member

State:
    Alabama
    very nice fish you got there. wishi could hook into a nice one like that around here.

16. joe0580

joe0580 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i honestly think she was smileing at me caus ei told her a coouple pics and back in the water she goes and i did just that. would have been a shame to cut her all up and eat her with all the little opnes she has made and couold make. buddies went crazy when they saw her splash me and take off l.ike a bat for deep water but that is the fun in letting them go. you know they are there to catch again

17. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Hey Joe, I tried sending you a private message but there was problem. You have to delete some of your past private emails to get any new ones. I try again torr, Thanks.

18. joe0580

joe0580 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    go ahead and send message i had to delete some old ones. sorry about that.

19. riverfishing

riverfishing New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    i wana see those pictures :)

20. bufryda1

bufryda1 New Member

State:
    Erwin, NC
    man thats a good fish Joe