Tonganoxie

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by countryboy32c, Aug 22, 2009.

1. countryboy32c

countryboy32c New Member

State:
    Lansing, KS
    Anyone know if there are very big cats in Tongi lake caught a 6 pounder outta there last nite tryin to figure out how to put pics up on here.

2. Johnboy1975

Johnboy1975 Member

State:
    Muscotah Kansas
    Dont know Tongi lake but congrats on the channel, I have been having a pretty good time this year on channels.

3. countryboy32c

countryboy32c New Member

State:
    Lansing, KS
    I aint done too bad on channel either but flats and blues aint been so hot for me:angry:

4. Gamblen

Gamblen New Member

State:
    Kansas City, KS
    8-26-09
    Pickup John Henry and went out to LSFL about 10:30 p.m.. We sat on the boat trailer on the Boat Ramp and watched it lighting everywhere waiting for it to blow over or start raining. It rained. We went to the house and watched http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=66101 (automatic updating, 'show severe [then] 'animate map' weather radar). I slept, John watched.
    Arrived back at the lake around 2:30 a.m.. Using liver on the bottom and/or bobbers we covered the whole lake by 4:00 p.m. 8-27-09. Right off John Henry caught a 17 ½" Stripper (CPR) on liver. Later (5:00 a.m.)John caught a eater that had a open sore on its back, might have been hit by a boat prop. We let that one go. Then John sort of caught a Turtle. About 3 p.m. John caught a eater with vena winnies and liver on the bottom. All fish were caught on the main lake and off main points in water over 15’( I think all the rain chased them into deep water for awhile).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2009
  5. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas
    I get off work at 4pm in olathe, and can go straight there!!!! I will stop in desoto and get my boat if need be... anyone wanna meet up for a few hours? I can be there by 445 or 5pm and will wanna be on the road back home by 730pm... i know thats a short trip, but it beats not fishing at all!!! :smile2:

6. Tunnel Rat

Tunnel Rat New Member

State:
    Kansas
    any amount of fishing is good for the soul. small fishing trips give you insight on when and if you return with others. keep fishing no matter how long. tunnel rat from winchester, kansas

7. countryboy32c

countryboy32c New Member

State:
    Lansing, KS
    Allright folks I'm headin to tongi lake early sunday mornin if anyone wants to meet up let me know. Will probably take my 14 foot flat bottom out hope it works again. Well just message me if interested

8. countryboy32c

countryboy32c New Member

State:
    Lansing, KS
    Headin out to tongi lake (leavenworth state fishin lake) this afternoon anyone interested in joinin give me a holler will be takin my boat.

9. countryboy32c

countryboy32c New Member

State:
    Lansing, KS
    Went out last and something happened thats never happened to me before. I was out in a cove by a creek channel had some dough bait on bottom for cats, to break the boredom of waitin i threw out a pumpkin colored gulp lizard for the bass. Well I let it settle to the bottom right next to weed line on the bank, when I started to reel in a litlle felt a tug back. I had only 6 pound test on so it took me awhile to get it in, but it never top the water. To my surprise it was a 7 pound channel, how surprised I was. Goin again this afternoon to try it again.

10. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    Channels will hit bass plugs, I've caught then on crankbaits, jigs, and topwater. My pb flathead was caught on a 1/8 oz bomber crank bait, aprox 24 lbs at Marion county lake, i caught a small flat at marion rev
    while trolling a couple of weeks ago, if it looks like lunch and its close they will get it. rwg

11. flat fighter

flat fighter New Member

State:
    kansas