Tomorrow Will be my test .....

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by RetiredToFish, Jun 5, 2008.

1. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Well tomorrow I will be testing my abilities to see if I can be 45 again .... I am going fishing at Buckeye by myself. That part is no problem, but trying to get my big old heavy boat loaded onto it's ill-fitted trailor. Unloading isn't a major problem, but I have never tried loading it by my self. I guess the worst that can happen is I fall in the lake or I break a leg climbing from the boat onto the trailer - half in and half out of the water. But you know what .... I am going to give it one hell of a try ..... Wish me Luck !!! :eek:oooh::angry: Garry-

2. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Sunburn

Sunburn New Member

State:
    Williamsto
    Leave a few for seed stock! With the river messed up like it is I drove around 75 miles today looking for cut hay fields to hunt groundhogs for the day. No fields cut but sure saw lots of flood damage. Oh well, have fun Gary.

4. Mizzbigcat

Mizzbigcat New Member

State:
    Warren County Ohio
    Well, don't forget to wear your LifeCall Bracelet, in case you fall and can't get up!

Have fun, and show those young fellas how it's done Garry!

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    After tomorrow you can be totally independent. Be careful.

6. ohiocattin15

ohiocattin15 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    the best of luck to you

7. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Good Luck Garry and be safe my brother...

8. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    You Be Careful Garry Ya Hear!!! We don't want Anything to happen to You my friend. J.D.

9. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    lmao,garry,i believe she is calling you an old fart!!!!!

be careful out there,have fun,fillet a couple for me

10. catfish361

catfish361 New Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Gary
    Take a camera with you so when you are hanging half way out of the boat you can take a picture.....lol good luck and be safe

11. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I do a lot of single load/unload with my big ole trihull boat. Its not too bad if you take your time. I found its much easier to get it "almost" loaded and then just use the crank. Good luck fishing and I look forward to hearing about you catch.

12. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Well, my worst fears came about .... weather was rough and wind blowing at between 20 and 30 mph .... I stuck it out until about 11:30 and headed in with only 2 two pound channels ... got boat half way on the trailer and had to crawl over the bow of the boat onto the trailer tongue and onto shore to crank it up .... the waves were rocking things pretty good by then and when my foot hit the tongue, at the same time as a wave hit the boat ... it was all over and my foot went out from under me and lit on my right hip on the metal tongue and knee deep in water. I think I counted most of the stars in the Milky Way before was able to get my bearings. Finally was able to limp around and get the boat onto the trailer and then pulled up to dry land. And yes Angie ... I guess I am an old fart .... :wink:.

After taking a handful of pains meds this week I am about getting around where I can walk up straight and my limp is fading. I have decided to give it one more shot (in the future) and if I can't handle it then .... Set the boat on fire and send it out into the lake ... :wink::angry::eek:oooh: ... Garry-

13. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    sounds like you need to find a young buck to take you out on the water, and do the added work for ya! We can change your name to RetiredTheBoatFish and all will be good, but when it gets to the point of changing a cathater bag, im affraid im gonna have to leave you at the house:smile2: rollo

14. Gary B

Gary B New Member

State:
    OHIO
    I am glad you wern't hurt bad Garry. Maybe you can get some adhesive stickers for the slick part of the toung of your trailer. You know what I mean. The stickers have an anti-skid surface. I know they sell them in truckstops.

15. JRicker

JRicker New Member

State:
    Tenessee
    Now now no need to set the boat on fire I will com take it off your hands for ya for free!!!!!:big_smile:

16. Mizzbigcat

Mizzbigcat New Member

State:
    Warren County Ohio
    Oh Garry, I'm glad you're okay.

Now how many stars are in the Milky Way? LMAO!

Be glad you can get out, my bf is 42 and I can't get him off the couch!

17. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a rough trip! Just get back up and saddle that horse again, it'll all work out.

18. BigCatJakeSr

BigCatJakeSr New Member

State:
    Bellville, OH10
    That funny right there! Sorry to hear about you hurting yourself. Let me or BigcatjakeJr know the next time you head out, maybe we can help. They say Buckeye lake is one of the top lakes in Ohio for Flatheads.