tomorrow fishing at Clinton lake

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by sand rat, Sep 9, 2009.

1. sand rat

sand rat New Member

State:
    kansas
    hay everybody, going fishing tomorrow at clinton lake and just wanted to see how the fishing is their, what depth your getting your bites at and what kind of bate your using. i am thinking of fishing on a flat and using the normal worms and shad.
    Thanks, sand rat

2. Gamblen

Gamblen New Member

State:
    Kansas City, KS
    Welcome to the BOC Travis. Your plan sounds like it might work. If the water to muddy might try up around the Dam.

Theres a gathering (camp out) this weekend (Sept. 11, 2009) at Lake Perry, Old Town, Loope 3. Your more than welcome to attend, its free (except corp. camping fees). Hope to see ya around

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009

3. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    the Wakie was runnin strong this afternoon so ya might try where it dumps in with the bait ya mentioned.

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Travis.

5. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas
    Welcome!
    I usually fish at clinton lake.

Sounds like everybody has alot of like by the wakie. I have fished in rock creek, lots of bass, and near coon creek there are supposed to be alot of bass too, but....... watch out for logs inthe water.

good luck. let us know how it went and where u were!!!!

6. sand rat

sand rat New Member

State:
    kansas
    sorry for taking so long to get back you you guys been a busy week. but we only caught 3 channel cats and the bigest one was 5lb so did not do so good but we will be back at it soon.

7. Tunnel Rat

Tunnel Rat New Member

State:
    Kansas
    sandrat way to go, clinton slow huh, wish river was open, cats have to be feeding now