Tombigbee?

Discussion in 'ALABAMA RIVER TALK' started by RedXpress, Jan 1, 2009.

1. RedXpress

RedXpress New Member

State:
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Anybody ever fish the Tombigbee? I'm itching to pull the boat from here just South of Birmingham out to Aliceville/Boligee area or Demopolis and do some fishing.

I've never fished the Tombigbee but sure would like to get out there and give it a whirl.

Anybody?

2. southernfire97

southernfire97 New Member

State:
    mississippi
    yea I fish the tom all the time. I own a camp in epes on the tom. its great when the bite is on and terrible when its not. not really too much in between for some reason. I will holler at ya the next time I'm headed up that way and maybe we can wet a line together.

3. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    i have fished it for many years and it can be great , it holds some big fish

4. RedXpress

RedXpress New Member

State:
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Sounds great, always helps to have somebody thats familiar with the water out there fishing with you.

5. thumprr

thumprr New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Hello, I don't want to hy jack your thread, but if I may ask something here please. I have a camp house close to Mc Conico Creek. When I go south on hwy11, I cross the Tombigbee ,I look down at those big white bluffs and want to fish there bad. Is there any boat ramp I can use in this area? Thanks in advance for your help.