Together or separate batteries?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by crazfish, Mar 19, 2007.

1. crazfish

crazfish New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I GOT MY TROLLING MOTOR AND NOW GONNA WORK ON IT SOON INSTALLING TO MY 14 FT JONBOAT. ANYWAYS, WANT SOME ADVICE, SHOULD I HAVE IT ON A SEPARATE BATTERY THEN THE FISH FINDER/DEPTH FINDER OR IS IT OKAY TO RUN ON THE SAME BATTERY. I WAS TOLD THAT A TROLLING MOTOR CAN INTERFERE WITH THE FISH FINDER CAUSING SOME INTERFERENCE. HOW DOES EVERYONE ELSE DO IT?

2. Jimmy Don

Jimmy Don Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I always use a separate battery, my trolling motor will cause my graph to completely shut down when you turn it up on high.

3. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    some models will get inter. from the troling motor some wont.it helps if you put the trasducer on the opposit end of the boat from your troling motor.thats how i have mine and it works ok.

4. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    Sounds like you're not using a battery with enough amp capacity to run both or its not fully charged. I use one battery for everything on my Invader because its set up that way from the factory but I did increase the size of the battery to a 1000 amp instead of the 550 that came with it. My SeaArk uses three batteries do to the trolling motor being a 24V model and everything else is 12V. I think using the same battery for a power source is ok as long as the cables to the trolling motor and depth finder do not run side by side like maybe one on each side of the boat, thats how mine are.