Together after 16 years

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by kybunniebuster, May 7, 2006.

1. kybunniebuster

kybunniebuster New Member

State:
    winchester kentucky
    the last few days has been some of the happiest days i have ever had my 16 year old daughter that i have seen 4 or 5 times since she was born has came looking for her father (mother used her against me for the last 16 years just to hurt me) she goes to school with my son her step brother and i have been sending messages by him for a few months now and i have made alot of trips by her house just trying to catch her outside so i could see how she is growing up (she just moved to the end of my street last spring)well to cut a long story short she has been comming over and spending some time with me and she loves to fish i took her and my other two to the creek yesterday to catch bait and she had a blast you would have thought i took her to disney world just kept telling me how much fun she had so next weekend im loading up the boat and we are off to the lake just me and her to try to catch some real fish and catch up on the 16 years ive missed out on wish us luck

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Man, I am so happy for you Kenny!!! I bet you are tickled to death to have this oppertunity to spend time with her, I know I would be!!! Make the best of what time you have together Brother and congratulations Buddy!!!

3. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Man, I couldn't imagine being away from my kids for that long. Great to hear that you are finally getting to spend time with her. It's great to know that the both of you share the same interest,(fishing). What beter way to bond. Like Father like Daughter.:big_smile_2:

4. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Kenny, thats GREAT! I am sure you will make up for lost time. I know a little about being on the flip side of this. I am sure she will have fun fishing with Dad! Congrats. Stan

5. kybunniebuster

State:
    winchester kentucky
    thanks guys its been a long hard road for a long time now and ive got alot of catching up to do now and nothing is gonna stand in the way this time around

6. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    That's good stuff man, I know that you cannot make up for lost time, but you can cherish every moment you spend with your daughter in memories that will last a lifetime. Sorry to hear that her mother used her to hurt you, you have my sympathies my friend.

Aaron

TA2D

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    it Is Great To Hear That You And Your Daughter Are Finally Getting To Spend Time Together .don't Sound Like Mom Did Too Good A Job Turning Her Against You If She Is Wanting To See You. Sounds Like Youv've Got A Very Special Girl There And That Is Really Great. Enjoy Each Other From Now On And Get To Know Each Other. Don't Let Nobody Get Between You Again.

8. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I am very happy for you..I found out a few years ago I was adopted at Birth..I have never tried to find my birth parents.

9. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Great.........isn't life awesome? God answered your prayers and this is what makes the BOC/SOC a great place to belong! I love reading posts like this!
    Thanks for sharing and keep us updated.

10. kybunniebuster

State:
    winchester kentucky
    ill post pics of the trip when we get back

11. m.a.p.

m.a.p. New Member

State:
    louisiana
    I Have A Son I Only Get To See On The Weekends He Is Ten Years Old. We Went Fishing This Afternoon And He Caught The Biggest Catfish He Has Ever Caught(4lbs). The Joy That It Brought Him Was Worth A Million To Me. He Told Me Later That This Was The Best Day He Has Ever Had. So Glad To See You Are Getting The Chance To Make Some Great Memories With Your Daughter

12. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    It can't say any better then Aaron did.The lord has made it possible for you and your daughter to get back together.I hope you spend the rest of your lives doing things togther.Good things do happen.
    :big_smile:

13. kybunniebuster

State:
    winchester kentucky
    well i must be doing something right,after 16 years my girl is asleep on the couch next to me as i am typing this , but now the weather is looking bad for the weekend fishing trip she told me today she can fish in the rain so i will hafta wait and see how bad it is gonna get but i will keep yall posted

14. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    good luck Kenny, just know that God is on the side of the righteous!!!

15. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    As long as it isn't lightning, i'd go a head and take her.
    Congrats on the new found fishing buddy! :big_smile:

Eric

16. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Sounds like you've got a lot of catching up to do!

17. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    I'm happy for you Kenny.I bet you never thought that temporary discomfort's can turn into long time blessing's,did you?

18. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    I'm happy for you Kenny.I bet you never thought that temporary discomfort's can turn into long-term blessing's,did you?

19. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    This is a great story! Good luck to you both!:cool2:

20. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    It Is Truly A Wonderful Thing When Family Members Get Along & Spend Time With Each Other, These Are Values That No Longer Seem To Be Part Of Our Society Today.

Consider Yourself Blessed & Remember That She Is Still Young Enough For Your Guidance To Have A Positive Impact On Her.:wink: Elliot