TOFTTnet Kami (Michael) bankfishin rivers thread hijack

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Billy_Mojo, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Billy_Mojo

Billy_Mojo New Member

State:
    Missouri
    another new BOC brother Michael posted a thread over in the "rivers" folder asking about bank fishin spots on the big stinky where you could go all night with lanterns and camp fires and stuff without being in a place where you'd get either runn-oft or arrested. I liked the thread but now I'm hijackin' it to start a new one specifically regarding Smithville Lake.

For one selfish reason.

As you know if you've read my posts before I've just moved up here to Smithville and I'm fishin on the bank in the daytime, and I'd like to know of a fairly easy-access good bank spot up around Trimble where it would be okay to take out lanterns and possibly a cutoff half barrel campfire thingy to do an all-night bankfishin dealio.

What do my neighbors think about that?

I can guess that the lantern would be widely accepatble, but the easy access and fire-bucket might be my hold-up ... and no worries I can compromise!

Oh yeah by the way I want to do this tomorrow night so you guys and gals hurry up and respond.

(No pressure from me LOL):smile2:

2. moriver

moriver New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Its been a few years but north of W some spots like that could be found. As I recall you could get a little walk in fishing type map at the park office. Check it out and let me know. SOunds like fun as we dont have many fires in my boat to set around:eek:oooh:

3. Billy_Mojo

Billy_Mojo New Member

State:
    Missouri
    and eventually points straight south and runs right into the lake.

No walk-in required, the road runs right down to the lake. It looks like people have campfires there all the time.

4. TOFTTnet Kami

TOFTTnet Kami New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Your welcome for the ideer. :wink: Thanks for giving me credit. LOL:smile2: