Today's Deer

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Whistler, Nov 19, 2005.

1. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Here are some pics of a 6 point buck that I took today and an antlerless buck my friend Rob took. I'll attach the pics below. On my buck, notice the white hoofs and his nose area. Almost like it's part albino or something. And on Rob's deer note that he's nearly as big or bigger than mine and has no antlers. Strange deer here this year. Mine walked in my area at about 7:30 this morning. He was about 35 yards away when I took my shot. He ran about 40 yards and collapsed. Bullet destroyed it's heart. Bob got a small buck too today. We didn't get a pic of that one though. Fun day for us.

Attached Files:

2. Whistler

State:
    TN
    Here are the other pics.

Attached Files:

3. bigfatcat

bigfatcat New Member

State:
    virginia
    thats a nice 6 pointer

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on a fine harvest!

5. Bayoubear

Bayoubear New Member

State:
    near that hellhole dallas
    nice deer for sure and youre right about that other being a large knothead. came up zip today... did see a big brown furry animal but was a tad too dark to draw a bead on it. oh well, maybe tomorrow......

6. Leakyboat

Leakyboat New Member

Ought to be some good eating!Jerky,Jerky and more Jerky.It gets ate up around here as fast as i can make it.
    Leakyboat

7. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Way ta go Bryan, those are some fine looking deer ya'll got. However they are a little strange lookin. By the way, how close do you live to Oak Ridge? hehehe :eek: Just jokin buddy, I know where you live.

8. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    Congrats Brian!!! That sure will be some good eatin. Just enough horn to stir that deer stew with to.

I'm right there with ya Leakyboat. It goes as fast as we can make it. I even tried to get ahead once by using the oven. It wasn't long and i finally gave up trying to make plenty and hid my stache.

9. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    You guys did good. Has Joanne got her deer this year yet?

Didn't she get the big buck prize last year when she went hunting instead of going to work?

10. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Real nice deer there Bryan. Looks like hes got a pair of white Chuck Taylors on. LOL!

11. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    What time is supper? nice deer

12. Whistler

State:
    TN
    No Bobpaul, hopefully she won't get another one. LOL Not like that anyway. Thanks guys. Here is another one from today. This one tried sneakin by me through a thick stand of saplings and briars. I was in the same tree as yesterday. About 8AM this morning. When I fired, he took off and I thought I missed. I heard him run down the hill and didn't hear him stop. My friend Rob was walking the valley and saw him go down. He called on the radio and let me know he was down and not moving. I sure was glad to hear that.

Attached Files:

13. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    You keep that up and them doe's won't have any boyfriends. No boyfriends, no bamby's.

Nice deer Bryan. Maybe come spring, I'll get up with you about all those turkeys you got.

14. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    nice deer. that one looks weird. never seen white hooves. my buddie got a big one yesterday. im guessing 10-12 points. wide rack too. ill see if i can get a pic. i think its his biggest. shotgun this weekend.

15. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Bryan, great day in the field indeed. That's the way to lay em down and with friends to boot.

16. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Way to go Bryan, Does this mean its time to get back to fishing, and eating jerky.
    If so I'm on my way/.
    PEte

17. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Very nice pics Bryan how many bucks can you get over there we only get ONE :(. But i can gets as many does as I want to pay for. :)

18. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    my buddies was only an 8 point. im guessing 20 or so on the spread. i only looked at it for 5 min or so. hes bot pics. it was a big 8. ill start a thread when he gets the pics.

we only get one buck here with shotgun too.