Today was not the day...

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by tbull, Dec 27, 2008.

1. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Well got out again today on the Ohio after looking foward to it all week, and what seems to be the case latley came to pass, skunked, and that river was rippin. To top it off, found a 60ft hole with plenty of structure, and fish stacked up right behind some boulders, and wouldnt ya know it my buddy tossed the anchor, and it caught so quick, and the current was rippin so hard it about burned his hands off and we lost it, with 100ft of rope!.....I hate to admit it, but I think the river is moving a little to hard right now. It would have taken 10+ ounces of lead to keep the bait down in 60ft of water, I really think we would have boated some blues if we wouldnt have lost the anchor, but what are ya gonna do I guess. All the other holes we hit with any kind of current breaks were packed full of gar. The more I fish that stretch in New Richmond the less I like it, it may be quite a while before I am back in that stretch of river again. That place seems to be hit or miss, either you catch a bunch in the 30's and 40's, or you dont catch jack!:angry: Gonna take a few cold ones to forget this day...:confused2:

2. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Next time will be better! :eek:oooh:

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Atleast you got out bro. I went out to hit a bank spot, and found it in alot worse shape than yesterday. Actually it was soo bad, It was unfishable. Tried to change plans and go after some crappies, it was just as bad.. The Muskingum is a mess, and not looking promising if we get more rain tonight..:sad2: think i will just go hunting tomorrow instead.. Let me know when is a good time to come down after the first of the year travis, im looking forward to a day or two of bluein down there.... rollo

4. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I will keep yyou posted, it sure as heck aint right now...:eek:oooh:

5. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I figured the river would be rippin today buddy..Sorry about the anchor bro..Better days are ahead my friend:big_smile:

6. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    Tell ya what though man, Everywhere I have ever fished is hit or miss. So far we have only fished the cinci downtown area 3 times and we have caught fish every time there and all of you cinci guys know thats not how it is all the time. I will have to say though, new richmond is definetley my least fav. spot. Probably because i just cant seem to find as deep of water as I like for blue fishin. Thats the thing man, last week me and Randy caught a lot of fish and the next week nothing in the same spot and both time the current was rippin and the days were similar when it comes to weather. That just goes to show man, some days the fish just don't bite. Im sure somewhere in the river fish are willing to bite but we were putting baits right in the fishes noses the other day and nothin.

7. repoman3809

repoman3809 New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    That sounds familiar.....:embarassed: Man you may want to use some ski rope.....that way it floats(works good for me).

Man tell me when you find something that aint hit or miss, I'm gonna camp out their with a few cold ones!!!!!!:roll_eyes: LOL

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Hope the river treats you a little better next time out

9. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Travis,
    Do yourself a favor when you replace that rope: Get 300 feet. Also, fasten a floating buoy to the very end...W

10. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    For sure the next rope will be longer and have a float attached. The rope I used yesterday does float, but with the current ripping so fast it still pushed it down.

11. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    like rollo said,least ya got out.i guess you are learnin the river more and more :big_smile::big_smile: