Today started terrible and ended up great!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by kitsinni, Oct 19, 2009.

1. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I had a scare to start out my day. My best fishing buddy, my dog, got sicker than I have ever seen her. She wouldn't eat, stand, play, drink or move. This is normally a very happy, active and excited dog so that was not usual. I called the vet and they told me to get her in ASAP. I got her in and they admitted her and put her on an IV, they said she was extremely dehydrated . Among the list of possibles was cancer and liver problems. Turns out she has Pancreatitis. This can be serious and even cause death, turns out she is responding well and they don't see evidence it will turn deadly. She is resting comfortably and if all goes well I can get her back tomorrow. The vet said it is still possible to turn deadly but she thinks everything is going to be ok so probably 95% chance she will make it out fine. After another day or so she should be back to eating food so my fingers are crossed. My heart has been in my shoes all day and I felt horrible. I have spent every day for over 10 years with this dog and she fishes with me every week. I know some of you have even met her. Right about the same time I get the news that the dog will likely come out fine I got called in to the bosses office. Believe it or not more good news, I got a promotion! I am now the Systems Administrator (fancy word for IT guy). Looks like today is turning around in a positive way!

2. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    thats good to hear brotha! get that dog a nice cat to chew on

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Glad it is turning out better than it started. Congrats on the promotion.

4. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I got your partner in my prayers, I hate when my one of my kids ( dogs) gets sick, they are older and a trip to the vet is scary, jus never know what they will tell you.

Good deal on the Promo!!!
    Salmonid

5. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    I am very very glad things are looking up for your bestest frriend. A dog is more than an animal to be thery are a soulmate...They know when ya are cranky and they also know when ya are down. They are there for ya 24/7 and will be for there whole life. Glad things sound as if they are looking up. Take care of your friend.

6. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    Good to hear all ur good news, To help top it off here's some rep's for the job up grade, NOW THE PIZZA AND BEER IS ON YOU !!:smile2::smile2::wink:

7. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    Niko, I hope your buddy is really old and had a good life. I hate to think that it's still young and this could shorten and already short life.

I bought a Chow pup many years ago. He was 6 months old when I got him. After 1 week I knew something wasn't right. Took him to the vet, was told he had Parvo, and had a 50/50 chance of survival. I had only paid $75 for the dog(Kodi), the vet said the treatment would cost $1000. I was already attached and couldn't stand the idea of just letting him die.

Longer story short: He responded very well to the treatment and I had him until his death at 13 years old. Would do it all over again even if I knew that things would be the same.

8. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I hope ya pooch is okay and congrats on the promo. Hopefully it came with MO$$$$$

9. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I wish good luck to your best friend and the new job.

10. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Just talked to the vet and they are going to feed her at noon, if she can hold it down I get to take her home tonight. Great news!

11. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    great ending to a sad story.

12. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Niko, what is the latest?? Keeping your dog in my prayers....:wink:

Salmonid

13. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I appreciate it! She has been home with me today and is eating and back to her normal self again. She is almost back to normal food and full energy. Looks like everything worked out and as long as I can keep her out of the garbage and away from people food she should be fine. That was a scary day. It is crazy how attached you get to these animals.

14. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My dog "Gunnar" sends get well wishes and a big congratulation.:big_smile:
    Personally I don't respond to mushy stuff so don't expect any thing from me! :eek:oooh::crazy::smile2::smile2::smile2:....

15. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    nothing worse than when a dog gets sick, glad to see its looking up for ya