Today(Monday the17th) on LOZ - Caught 15 blue catfish

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Bigmagic, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    I went out this morning and caught some large shad and 4 large perch. I fished till 2:00pm I caught 15 Blues largest one weighed just over 10lbs. I was trying a new spot where I found a large concentration of shad in the channel. I had a couple of hard take downs on the perch that I think were Gar or Hybrids. Past experience tells me most likely Gar. All in all a good day not a great one. All fish were caught between 17 and 21ft deep near concentrations of shad or some type of structure. Wind was light and from the East most of the day. Water temp was 68. See ya on the water!

2. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Ron I went for about 3 hours. Managed to get 6 shad thanks to a neighbor, caught 8 Blues but the biggest was only about 4 lbs...I sure wish we had some current.

3. Terry Day

Terry Day New Member

State:
    Parkville, Missouri
    Great report BigMagic. I like to hear a successful fishing story. Your information was timely!

4. NoCat2Big

NoCat2Big New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo
    They've been letting water loose in the afternoon and evenings. Bringing the level up over 2-3 feet at times. I figure in the evenings the cats will start hitting better. I'm going out today to see if my theory is correct.. Wanna catch them bigguns...

5. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    The lake website is showing it rising .10" a day...I think we will finally have some current to work with.:)

6. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Sounds like a good day to me Bigmagic :thumbsup:

7. Crispy Critter

Crispy Critter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm hoping that 1/10th of a foot per day is the beginning.It's about time they open it up a little further.I'm putting some new rod holders on the boat today,I'll be ready for some water when We get it.:0a22: