Today is the day.....

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Angelkitty, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Well brothers and sisters, Today at 11:15 a.m. I will be taking my son (David) to the bus station. He leaves for his base in CO. Emotions are running.
    I had David at a very young age. When I was starting my teen years I was a mom. David is my son, my best friend and he is like a brother to me. We grew up togather. And the hardest part is to let him go. Yes I know it is time for him to leave the nest. But, it is painful to see him go. But he joined the Army. And I stand be hind him all the way. He has made me very proud of him. Here is a few photos from GA. I will keep you updated.

2. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I could not imagine the kind of emotions you must be going thru, but it is all part of growing up (you probably heard this before also so I will stop).

My grandfather used to tell my mom (when I was little) that kids are just with parents in borrowed time, then life comes and takes them from us for them to complete their mission in life. Your son has an important mission now, to defend this land and our flag. God bless you and him and more important protect him.

3. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Very well said.

{{{{{Patricia}}}}}
    Y'all are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Cheryl

4. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    prayers going out for you and your family Trisha. Tell David Thank you for serving.

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Tell David Thanks for serving our country.

6. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Dear Trisha,

Although they didn't join the military service, I've had two daughters so far grow up and leave home to make their own way in the world. It's never easy and sometimes, depending on the circumstances, it does feel like your heart's been ripped out. I'm sorry you're hurting and I know it seems like things will never be the same again, and that makes it quite a test of faith. It will get better, though... really it will :smile2: I still have to remind myself every day that God loves my kids even more than I do and He'll take better care of them than I ever could.
    It's all gonna be better than ok.
    Big hugs and prayers for you and your family. Trusting that there are angels watching over David now and always.

Carolyn

7. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Trisha I have to say first of all you can rest assured David is in our prayers
    Remember you raised your son to be a man and since he enlisted in the Army on his own I would say you did right by him and he will do right in what he does but you will always be his Mama and sometimes he will call just to be sure of that even though he will never forget it stand proud and tall for you raised a man who is going to protect our country for that i say Thank You and tell David Thank You for doing it we will keep him in our prayers keep us posted about him

8. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I can't begin to imagine the emotions that are ripping through you today! I too am a parent but my children are daughters. Still I know the day will come when they will leave me for homes of their own and it is a day I dread.Hang in there Trisha,God Be with you and Bless for raising a fine young man who felt it was his responsibility to protect and serve our Country! I will keep him in prayer as i do all the troops and please keep us all posted! Reps to ya for being a fine parent and instilling in him a great way to look at things!:big_smile:

9. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    You tell ole David I said hooa!, He'll know what ur talkin about. Great fishin and huntin there. If he needs directons to any of the fishin holes ya'll let me know

10. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Here are the photos.
    Thank you all. I will keep you up dated.

Attached Files:

11. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Trish, he's a good lookin young man. You done good!!!

Great lookin family ya got there, heck, even Newt! lmao

12. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Thanks Patricia for posting the pics. Hope you are doing some better.
    Love and hugs from TN
    Cheryl

13. UK_fisherman

UK_fisherman New Member

State:
    Kent, UK
    I wish him all the best and a safe return when his tour of duty is done.

14. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Fine looking young man in that uniform. I know you must be so proud of him right now. I pray that GOD watches over David and keeps him safe.

You raised your Son Right and you have every reason to be a proud Mom..

15. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Prayers are sent for a safe trip and safe return.

16. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    Patricia, I've got news for you, "he" didn't join the Army.. you BOTH did. As a parent of a soldier I can tell you that your involvement in his life does NOT stop when he leaves you. You will continue to be a supporter, provider and encourager all throughout his enlistment period.

As a parent of a soldier you too, can stand proud at every accomplishment he achieves, for you have been (and will continue to be) one of the most important people in his life.

My heart feels what yours dose. My wife and I have had to face all the feelings that you are feeling now. One by one you (and all of us military parents) will face these difficult challenges and we WILL get through them. It looks to me that you have already keyed into something very important; and that is to build your and your sons support group. There are great people here at the BOC as well as other resources online that help. One that comes to mind is www.bluestarmoms.com. There are MANY more great ones out there. PM me for a list of more if you are interested.

PS
    I have an 18 year old son that is also in the Army. His name is Erik Simmons and he will be home from North Carolina between Christmas and New Years. He will then be deployed to Afghanistan in January from 12 to 18 months. I would also appreciate you all keeping him in your prayers.

Tony
    _

17. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Trisha, great lookin family. Sending prayers of peace to you and your family, and saftey for David.

18. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Fine looking son and you have done very well raising him. I thank him for his service to our country, may God Bless him and watch over him.

19. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Let Erik know that I apprecitate him for serving our Country too. David leaves January 5 for Iraq. I will know more when he finds out more on that.
    Thank you all for your kind words and helping me through this. Thanks Tony for the site. I will keep everyone updated.

20. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    You have such a nice looking young man,so tall and brave in his uniform.God Bless all of you!:smile2: