Today is the day!

Discussion in 'LOCAL MICHIGAN TALK' started by bwanatony, Jul 6, 2006.

1. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Grand River Valley, Weste
    Michigan Brothers:
    Check your email for the final info, & let me know if you have questions.
    I have some trailer wires to fix, some food to pack, some bait to gather and we're going CATFISHING!!

2. cwi47

cwi47 New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Bwanatony, Thanks for the msg. I can't answer them yet. I had pre existing commitment to fish with my Bro-In-Law Arie there Friday evening at Riverside for ???. Not sure what he fish's for since we've never been before so.... I'll be by and say hi but will save the all nighters for when my boats in the water next week. Since I work from home and am real close to there, feed me lots of BS and a little bit of the good stuff on riggin and where to go, OK? We're gonna be fishing for perch and such I think tomorrow. So had to break out the old (6lb & 8lb) walleye rigs for this one. Anyway thanks again. I think ya said 6ish or so? John

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Good luck when ya get out on the water. Hope yall catch a ton of fish. Let us know how you did.

4. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Im very excited by this point.

I have changhed things around a little: I cant bring the big cooler. Too many people. I will instead use the under-the-bench cooler on the boat that is built in. There is room for 4 peoples night-goodies in there, dont worry.

I also found new tenants in my boat- a big effing hornet nest that formed in the last 5 days. I got it. they got me. They died. I win.

Ive stripped us down to 5 pfds. I actually found 11 of them on the boat stowed everywhere. LOL I suppose it was overkill, so I whittled it down.

I took it out again last night for walleye- no bites. I sorta did it to take some of the gas weight out of the boat for the trip. When I get to GR I will refill it if you guys think we need it but Im at a half tank- probably 12-14 gallons... so we could get by without topping off. Plus I have 3 gallons in the kicker tank too... so we ought to be fine.

I think we're in for a good trip!
    My buddy Ken will be joining us for sure. Cool guy. Much more down to earth than I am... of ourse thats not much of a measure when I represent the "control group". LOL

See ya tonight!
    Sal

5. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Sal-
    You have plenty of gas, nooOOOOOoooo need to top off.
    John-
    stop by and say hello.

See y'all at 6.

6. jspiel

jspiel New Member

State:
    comstock park michigan
    well, its noon, and i'm off to the great white north to gather some gills. I'll see you boys at the launch, i will be there about 6:30 or so. definately by 7:00. i got the pump on my live well/cooler going so the gills i catch should be good and lively. my friend from work wasen't able to get any bullheads for us last night. he said the dogfish kept cutting his line. he said he hooked about 8 and landed three. all too big to use for bait, 20" or so.

7. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:

8. jspiel

jspiel New Member

State:
    comstock park michigan
    gotcha-

point taken

9. cwi47

cwi47 New Member

State:
    Michigan
    What a great buncha guys. Hope ya all had fun! We caught sic... 3walleyes, 5 small 1/2 to 1 lb Largemouths and then said oh poop and went to the VFW to get bottle Cats. Great meeting ya all. Be Well, John Cable