Today is my last day smoking

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by tomcat85, Jan 8, 2007.

1. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    of smoking these damn things. I started smoke stoppers classes last week. Today at 7 o'clock is my quit date. Its going to be really hard but i can do it. Im mostly doing it for my dad. Hes pretty sick from smoking. Im also doing it for me b/c i dont want to get sick. I want to get married and have kids someday and teach them how to fish and all the good stuff that comes with having kids. Just wanted to let you all know that im giving it a good try. Just keep me and my dad in your thoughts if you would. Thanks everyone.

Tom

2. TomV

TomV New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Missouri
    Congratulations Tom! I know you can do it.

3. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    Thanks Tom! I know i can to!

4. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

YOU GO BOY, that's awesome. We're all behind you 100%. Nicotine addiction is not an easy thing to conquer, but you have plenty of support right here on the BOC. Let us know how things go, bro. I'll be thinking of you and your dad as requested.

5. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    Thanks Tanya i know everyone here will help me out and support me! Thats why this place is so great! thanks for the support!

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats and Good Luck! I have Faith in you.If I can do it,anybody can.I'm over a month now and still going strong.Its a lot better life,with a few extra $ to spend!

7. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    Thanks john i appreaciate the support im definately looking forward to the extra dollars i will have to spend! Thanks again.

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tom it sounds like you have thought this through and have a made up mind. The BOC brothers and sisters has faith in you that you will see this as a small stepping stone to your future. You can be a winner. Good Luck and keep us informed. We are your support group.:go: :go:

9. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Best of luck brother! Wish I had the will power to quit myself while I am still young....

10. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Good luck man...once you get past the first couple weeks, it gets a lot easier from there...I quit chewing about a month ago and that's how it was for me anyway...prayers for your dad too!

11. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Tom, it's great to see that you made the statement. "Today is my last day smoking."
    Some people say they are going to try to quit smoking... trying doesn't get it done. You have made a commitment and you will do it.

That is exactly how I quit smoking about 45 years ago.

Best of luck to you and your dad.

12. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    My grandpa smoked for about 30 years.. and when my lil cousin was born.. he was sick w/ athsma or something... and my grandpa quit that day.. hasnt smoked since.... But good luck man. u can do it. U save on average 500-1000.00 a year.. thats about for the single person im thinking, thats alot of nice fishing gear :)

13. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    grats on quitting, and good luck

14. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    You go Brother! Were with ya all the way!!Reps to ya!:smile2:

15. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    Thanks so much everyone. just a few minutes ago i was ready to crack and then i come and read what everyone had to say. it really helped me out. Thanks for the support!:lol:

16. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    You CAN do this Tom! I quit several weeks ago and its one of the best things I have ever done for myself.

Sure, it is difficult to not give in to the cravings but if you will stick with it it will get easier and easier until you reach the point you know you have succeeded. That is an awesome feeling too!

You did great by getting on here instead of giving in to that urge to light up. Whenever you need to, get on here or call a buddy or grab a carrot stick. Just don't give in to the urge to light one.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

17. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Way to go Tom, I know you can do it. I laid them down 20 years ago, Its tough but worth it. Praying for you bro.

18. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I trying to give them up myself. I'm on the patch and although I cheat and have one once in awhile, I've been doing pretty good. It's hard with two other smokers in the house.

19. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Good Luck Tom! You can do it! Those Cigs are nasty. You may well be saving your life! Find something else like sunflower seeds to chew on to help out in the 1st couple weeks.