Today at local pond

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN, Jul 18, 2009.

1. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN New Member

State:
    sc
    Had to get the kids broken in on catfishin,so I decided to hit a local pond I grew up fishin in.It paid off as we caught some dinner,and some others released to fight another day.We were fishin with shrimp caught last year and crawlers caught by the kids this morning.We caught mostly Channels with a few flatheads mixed in....Also broke em in on casting the Ambassadeur reels.
    This was a little trying at firast,but they soon were casting like old pros...they are ready for the Tailrace now......

Attached Files:

2. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    looks like you had a good time!! i finally got my wife to put down the old zebcos and use my abus and she hasnt looked back since!! if they learn to use those it will be alot less headache for you and them in the long run!! :big_smile: welcome to the BOC

3. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC. Nothin' like starting them with the best of the best:wink: Looks like you'll never have to fish alone. Stay safe and and good to know that you're bringing them on with CPR!!!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2009
  4. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Bringing them in early helps down the road. My daughter fishes with her boyfriend now but I started carrying her with me when she was 9 years old. Congrats on y'all catch.

5. TXCatfishinSC

TXCatfishinSC New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Looks like you guys had a good time. Maybe we can join you this weekend. We didn't get back from North Augusta until 2 AM and Kandi had to work the next day at that. Busy weekend!
    That looks like the place close to your old house.

6. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

State:
    sc
    Yep,sure is...a good training place for the kids.Im gearing them up for the Tailrace and Rediversion,etc.

Ill take you somewhere this weekend hopefully.Im siked about gettin me a biggun.

7. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC Keith. Great to hear you took the young ones out to do some fishing! That's what it's all about for our next generations to grow up an learn the values that were given to all.

8. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

State:
    sc
    I just realized the cats pictured were Bullheads,not channels.I took alot of pics,but only being able to post 3,those just happened to be the 3 posted.So,I guess we caught channels,bulls,and flatheads.I missed that when I posted the pics.

9. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Nice report, Keith! Keep 'em fishin' and they won't get in trouble!

Bill in SC