The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
OkC Oklahoma
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Temperature was low 70s. So I decided to go fishing. Neither grandson wanted to go, so I went alone.
Bait was nightcrawlers, small minnows (no goldfish available), and chicken breast.
Caught (and released) one small bluecat on a worm.
Stayed about 4 hours withno more catches.
Had a few bites, but nothing else hooked.
Oh well. Maybe next ime

·
Registered
2 Posts
Temperature was low 70s. So I decided to go fishing. Neither grandson wanted to go, so I went alone.
Bait was nightcrawlers, small minnows (no goldfish available), and chicken breast.
Caught (and released) one small bluecat on a worm.
Stayed about 4 hours withno more catches.
Had a few bites, but nothing else hooked.
Oh well. Maybe next ime
I am from Oklahoma and have fished Overholser quite a bit. I never really had any luck on the lake but behind the damn have done well and up on or under 66 on the North Canadian I have also done well. Chicken liver is king on the North Canadian from Rt. 4 in Yukon down to Lake Overholser. Hefner is the same way, never had much luck on the lake. I would recommended the Deep Fork south of Arcadia if memory serves, Hefner road and 122nd bridges on the Deep Fork, I have always had good luck there, nice keepers! Happy fishing!

·
Registered
OkC Oklahoma
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My grandsons and I fish mostly Overholser. We tried Hefner once, and have been to Crystal several times.
I would love to fish the spillway under the dam at Overholser, but my knee won’t let me tackle the terrain to get down there.
We were at Hefner about 6 hours. Not even a nibble.
caught a few bluegill at Crystal.
My PB was a flathead at Overholser. Otherwise, small bluegill and small cats. Some were eaters. But most were less than a pound.
We’re hoping for a better year next year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My grandsons and I fish mostly Overholser. We tried Hefner once, and have been to Crystal several times.
I would love to fish the spillway under the dam at Overholser, but my knee won’t let me tackle the terrain to get down there.
We were at Hefner about 6 hours. Not even a nibble.
caught a few bluegill at Crystal.
My PB was a flathead at Overholser. Otherwise, small bluegill and small cats. Some were eaters. But most were less than a pound.
We’re hoping for a better year next year.
Crystal is best fished by kayak, bank fishing is not good there. If you can make it to the Deep Fork, 122nd bridge is easy access with a short walk from the pull off on the east side of the bridge, North side of the road. With a pretty easy walk to the rivers edge where two or three people can fish easily.

·
Registered
OkC Oklahoma
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Crystal is best fished by kayak, bank fishing is not good there. If you can make it to the Deep Fork, 122nd bridge is easy access with a short walk from the pull off on the east side of the bridge, North side of the road. With a pretty easy walk to the rivers edge where two or three people can fish easily.
Thank you. My youngest grandson has been wanting to fish a river I don’t think he really cares which one. 😀

1 - 7 of 7 Posts