TOBOSOFKEE mystery ???

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by jafacman, Aug 22, 2008.

1. jafacman

jafacman New Member

State:
    byron (macon area)georgia
    Its a mystery, the cats are gone.Done good on the north end shallows till 2 weeks ago now hardly a bite. Goin to try deeper this weekend near some rip-rap in 12 ft if weather permits us to. Also found a long sandy point around 6 ft deep with 16 ft on both sides .Has an 18 to 22 ft channel nearby both locations .What do yall think? We really would like to solve this MYSTERY!!!

2. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Sounds like a good spot for some cheese bait. :big_smile:

3. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I have fished toby some and the cats seem scattered I heard about a cove near the dam that they are in late evening

4. creekrunnerpca123

creekrunnerpca123 New Member

State:
    georgia
    JOE,WE BETTER GO DEEP,I KNOW THE COVE BY THE DAM,I KINDA FORGOT ABOUT THAT ONE,GEORGE WAS PULLING SMALL ONES OUT OF THIRTYFIVE FOOT FLATS AT SINCLAIR,MAYBE WE ARE FISHING JUST TO SHALLOW,WHERE THERE IS SMALL ONES,THERE IS BIG ONES.....

5. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Well I am glad to see I got some neighbors that catfish on tobe we need to get together sometime

6. jafacman

jafacman New Member

State:
    :0a27: Just give us a holler... Don and I go fri and sat nite and sometimes sunday ... cant learn if we aint practicing

7. creekrunnerpca123

creekrunnerpca123 New Member

State:
    georgia
    I WAS TOLD ITS PRODUCING BIG CATS,BILLY CAUGHT A 42 POUND OUT OF A HOLE DOWN THERE,32 POUND LAST SUMMER

8. jafacman

jafacman New Member

State:
    Don save that stuff for the P.M.s

9. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Where exactly was that? :big_smile:

10. jafacman

jafacman New Member

State:
    :angry: See what i mean DON :0a32:

11. Sultan of Slime

Sultan of Slime New Member

State:
    GA
    Fellas even though tobo is somewhat shallow dont forget the thermocline.This is where the fish will be until early october.The water temps are still in the high 80's and the fish are looking for bait and a place to breathe at the same time.The bottom is not your friend right now.Down lines set at the top middle and bottom of the oxygenated area of the thermocline will be your best best right now.That lake has a few flatheads in it but mostly bullheads and channels.Small cut bait I mean really small like bass minnows on a 2/0 circle with just enough weight to get it down will be your best bait right now.

Good luck

Jonathon

12. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    New idea. How about jiggin' dogs for suspended cats?

13. Sultan of Slime

Sultan of Slime New Member

State:
    GA
    :smile2:

14. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    If you hear Foxworthy use it, you know where it came from. :smile2: Where is Foxworthy anyway? He should join the BOC.

15. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    Good to see you on here. I wondered when I read the article in the GON about you, if you were here. Thanks for the post and please stick around for a while. Ronnie

16. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    You can tell me i don't know any thing I swear :smile2::wink:

17. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    What goes around, comes around. I'm just saying. I have given holes away before and I will again. They're not my fish or waters. To each his own. Just remember, Karma is a bi&(t.

18. LureheadEd

LureheadEd New Member

State:
    Geogia
    Hey, ya'll PM me and tell me that "stuff"...:smile2:

19. jafacman

jafacman New Member

State:
    Which are you Ronnie?:wink: Forget KARMA ...I'm a Christian ... Dont even try to lay that line on me , I aint buying it... Secret holes dont stay a secret by posting them for thousands to find...Dons comment didnt even relate to TOBO But too a water very near you (gray) and because of your sarcastic attempt to extract this INFO ...You will NOT recieve a P.M. regarding it!!! Remember your own quote , You maybe a victim of your own beliefs....:confused2:

20. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    The last time I publicized a "secret hole" was the last time I was able to fish on that spot. Every time I went back there were two or three boats sitting on it. They were also keeping every fish they caught. Needless to say, the hole was wiped out in no time. If you want to tell everyone where your best spots are thats fine, but if you don't, I would'nt hold it against you. :wink: