TOBO now (excellent) since rains

Discussion in 'GEORGIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by jafacman, Aug 31, 2008.

1. jafacman

jafacman New Member

State:
    byron (macon area)georgia
    We wore them out in mid to shallow range saturday nite :big_smile: We keep hearing most folks aint catchin and we had our dry spell too but i'm GLAD to let yall know the bigguns are on the hunt at nite any ways...Rain is GOOD....Luck to all of you :wink:

2. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Need GPS numbers. :big_smile::smile2::wink:

3. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Hope I get up there soon cause I work two jobs so some times I gota plan ahead

4. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Ever since the last storm came through and the water temp. dropped, fishing has been slow for everything. Cats are not biting, hybrids and stripers quit coming up and its even been hard to catch a spot. :sad2:

5. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    I'm experiencing the same thing on oconee.....during the unstable tropical weather faye brought I did real good.....it lasted about a week and i fished the first night when it started getting breezy and popped that flathead that went for almost 20lbs then on the last night of faye which was one week later during the tornado watch and caught that 30lber.....since then I've fished twice and only caught one small bluecat? I guess maybe they were gorging themselves during that week and just aren't that hungry now. I don't know what's going on. what do ya'll think?

6. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Water temp. dropped almost 10 degrees. I think that has something to do with it. What's your opinion fellow members? :big_smile:

7. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    that water temp. did drop fast. how do you think that affected the flatheads n blues? I'm still finding bait in my regular places. actually i was catching gizzard shad real good friday night, along with some small stripes. have you ever tried any coves or stump fields over there in westpoint paul?

8. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Fished the mouths of some pockets upriver that have shad in them. Same story.

9. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    Do you spend a lot of times in coves paul? more-so in the mouth or do you go up in em? Me and my buddy put about 4 hours in the very back of a cove with lot's of standing timber last Thursday. That was the night when all we caught was a lil 10# bluecat. we did happen to get him in that cove though. There's a lot of decent looking coves on oconee, and tons of standing timber.

10. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Glad somebody's catchin' fish lately. Fished the Coosa last night and it was my worst trip there all year I think, wondering what's goin' on myself.

11. Sultan of Slime

Sultan of Slime New Member

State:
    GA
    We fished all the windblown coves and feeder creeks down by the dam last night from 6:30 till 1:00am on oconee.2 bites one on live bream and one on cut hybrid.

Fish were shonuff on vacation:angry:

12. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    yeah oconee has been........slow. i fished thur, and fri pretty much all nighters and only came up with a small bluecat. I've never ventured much south of the I-20 bridge. I plan doing some wind drifting down that way during the winter.

13. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Graphed some 20 to 24 foot holes up the hooch and they were loaded with fish, including some big ones. Had two spots and one bream hit and killed but they spit them right back out. I think the bite is just about ready to pick back up. I think they got stunned from the water temp dropping so fast.

14. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Going back tonight. Hope they bite better. How about you Aaron?

15. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Aaron, where did you get that little purple medal? What do I have to do to get me one of those? Can't find any info. on them anywhere. Never mind, I don't need one. Just wondering. :big_smile:

16. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    I gotta work in the morning....I don't know about that medal...they just gave it to me not too long ago? it sure feels nice outside right now....I might try to get at em thur. night.......go wear em out paul!

17. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    How'd ya do westpoint? is the bite back on......I won't be fishing for a lil bit....bassmassey is on injury reserve.....I somehow pulled a lower back muscle. I can hardly put my damn clothes on....doc gave me some pills and told me to stay in bed for a few days.

18. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Just got off the river. Did not get a bite. Your not missing anything.