toads......

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by kat king, Jun 26, 2008.

1. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks
    i hear alot about people using toads for bait does it work?:smile2:..and do you have to puncture the air pocket so they sink? thanks.

2. NewMexicoCatfisher

NewMexicoCatfisher New Member

State:
    Alameda, New Mexico
    I find frogs work much better than toads, but they usually sink when they drown.

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I have heard of toads for bass fishing, but IT could work. Give it a try and let me know how it works

4. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i have found a lot of toads in catfish stomachs, but never caught a cat on them. flooded vegetation might be where the cats caught them. frogs work decent though.

5. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    Small toads fished under a float works vary well for channels.Just hook then between the legs as you would hook a frog. You can catch more than one fish on a toad, the more they are beat up the better they work.

6. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Sand toads will work the kind you find on sand bars, but the toads you find find around your house , we call them pee toads ,are not good bait , just hook a sand toad on them on and cast.

7. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    A few years ago, on a camping trip, all my nightcrawlers got fried by the heat (SOMEBODY forgot to put them in the cooler!:confused2:) and when we got to our campsite, it was literally crawling with toads. So to make the long story short, I kept the kids busy catching toads and kept myself busy catching fish. I couldn't tell you what kind of toads they were ( didn't check ID's!) but they sure worked great. Caught bass, bluegill and 1 cat.