To those with sleep apnea

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by DELLIS, Aug 7, 2006.

1. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i must know what kind of pillows you use if you wear a cpap my wife bout one of the 100 dollar pillows on sale and its more uncomfortable than no pillow at all wish they would make a more comfortable mask

thanks in advance please if you want you can just pm me

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I don't use no special pillow. I do use my cpap but it took a year or so and 2-3 different masks before I finally got used to it. Mine just fits over my beak. It's not the best yet but it is tolerable. At least I can sleep all night now.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There is no such thing as war atrocities. War itself is an atrocity. ~~Rush Limbaugh.

3. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i have had mine for about 2 years and still not used to it my dag gone head hurts in the am from the plastic digging in to it tried several masks all the same

4. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I haven't done anything about mine, still suffer with it. I guess I'm afraid I'll miss a bathroom run if I sleep all night. Do I hear an amen from the over fifty crowd?

5. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    have to ask:
    I know I have apnea, do the rest of you have problems with snoring? I am a legend in the family, and not in a good way.

Been meaning to talk to the Doc about it. Guess I better get on with it.

6. BIGCAT GarryEads

BIGCAT GarryEads Head Cheese of the USCA!

State:
    Francisco Ind
    I can sleep about 4 or 5 hr,s then it got to come off.:roll_eyes:

Bigcat GarryEads

7. pursuing_cats

pursuing_cats New Member

State:
    Clarksville,Tennessee
    I just had my first study done and I never made it to Level 3 sleep (the restive period). They said I had to come back for a second test to verify that I had Apnea. I did learn a few things prior to my study so listen up for all of you who think you might have it. If you have this and are not seeking treatment you are more likely to have High Blood pressure, more prone to strokes and the list goes on. I highly recommend you get tested as soon as possible. The only annoying thing about the test is the clue paste in your hair and you look like something out of a SCI-FI movie with all the cabels and wires hanging off you body.

8. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

what type of cpap do you have? If resperonics the mask with the blue is great, next would be the gold and then on down. that is for nose only. if you have a full face I have no idea.

www.cpapsupplyusa.com

has the best deals I could find on masks. Good luck it took me 4 tries to find the one I like. As for pillows I use one ergonomic pillow from Target it was 25 bucks. Try loosing the straps it should not be real tight. Also are ou sure you have the right size? they had me in a large at first and I actually wear a small, even at my size.

9. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Heavy snoring is a big sign of sleep apnea and can lead to bigger health issues.

10. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Bummer Good Luck!----------pk powell:eek:oooh:

11. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    thanks for the info guys i also wanted to add to the people reading this if you think you may have it signs heavy snoring sleep when ever even while driving
    go get checked and it doesn't matter your age or weight i had just turned 30 when diagnosed and also everybody remember reggie white (packers) he died from sleep apnea they said he knew he had it but refused to use his machine

12. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    hit the wrong post hate when i do that wanted to pm sorry

13. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    I've got sleep apnea, and the doctor just told me to sleep on my right side. The dadgum sleep study cost me $1500 to find out that I need to sleep on my right side. Thanks a lot Doc!!!! My snoring is terrible. My wife is pretty used to it, and she'll just nudge me and tell me to turn over or sleep in a different position, and that will usually help for a while. But when I quit breathing for a while, she really starts getting freaked out. Besides, I"ll usually wake myself up by the big gasp that I will make when I finally inhale. I wake up with my heart racing, scares the crap out of me. I wake myself up snoring quite often too. Talk about spooky, I always wake up thinking I just heard a loud noise in the house..... except the loud noise was me. He he he.

What does the cpap equipment cost? Does it help you get better rest?

14. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I have it. I snored so bad that when i had a really good date. I'd wake up alone with her out on the couch cause she couldnt sleep. Now I have the machine with a size small mask and Im happy. I feel alot better, more alert. I use a regular pillow. one thing annoying is sometimes if I'd rolled over the mask leaks out and dries my eye. anyone have a cure other then sinching the binding down tight? the little gel pillow makes me look hindu when I do that.

15. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Which eye..:lol: Seriously, maybe you should try some sort of eye patch..:smile2:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    A waist is a terrible thing to mind.

16. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I am not looking forward to the national sawmill gathering . They will put us all the way in the back. I snore so bad I can't even sleep with the windows open because the dogs bark. Now does any one else talk in there sleep?