TO THOSE WHO OVER HARVEST!

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by kscathunter, Sep 19, 2009.

1. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    I hear stories (from my sources) all the time of people taking WAY over their legale creel limit IN THE LA CYGNE AERA ON THE MARIS DE CYGNE RIVER . Great mid range breed stock too, 20-50#ers and I'm talking like 2-10 times their limit :angry::angry::angry: I hope you get cought. I could name drop on one or two people but they suposably only do it once a year to fill the freezer to feed themself. the other person I heard drug in a 1/2 ton, no exaggeration, of big cats last weekend (i got skunked wonder why) to have a huge fish fry. :angry: I hope those sobs do some jail time (again, heard they have been cought before) because thats commerciall sized fishing without a licens and this river is not big enough for their this:angry: and i hope they read this!!!

2. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    sorry boss man should have cleaned that up better:embarassed: thanks for not removing the post.

3. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Some people are greedy and dont care about anything but thereselves.

4. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    I tell you that if I knew who it was I would turn them in. In my opinion if you dont turn someone in for taking over legal limits you are as bad as they are. Dont get mad do the right thing and turn them in.

Tom

5. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    I dont know the latters name YET but if i do run across a gw ill be shure to let them know that they need to keep a watchfull eye on the aera and what iv heard.:wink: thing is i only see a gw like once a year if that:confused2:

6. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    :angry: yep thats a shame i know them waters and those creeks well small rivers are too small for that kind of presure !!!!!!!!!!!

shoot they probably clean out a mile or more of fish .!!!!:angry::angry:

thats some awsome flathead water also to fish man oo man that sucks ...

7. KansasKatCatcher

KansasKatCatcher Active Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ka
    I see this happen at the lake all the time when they stock it with channels.They catch their limint(2 fish creel limit).Put them in the trunk and keep on fishing.And the Park Ranger is never around when this goes on.And people wonder why they don't catch anything after the first 2 months after they stocked it.

8. Johnny B

Johnny B New Member

State:
    illinois
    I would also mention their names. I'm not a tattle tale but thats no tattlle, thats a crime!

9. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    i have to agree with all of the posts that i have read above me....if it were me i would not mention their names, i would call a GW. then after they are caught i would mention their names and rub it in all over the web. BTW im most states there is a creel limit and a possession limit. if the F&W dept wanted to they can come into your house and look in your freezer. if they find more than your possession limit, then you can be arrested for poaching also.

10. Calvin

Calvin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    If you mention their names in a public forum and they aren't guilty (or convicted) you could be liable for defamation of character. Give their names to law enforcement and then let the news media make them public after they are convicted.

11. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    So how does somebody harvest that many fish out of a small river in one weekend? Do they use hoop nets or something?

12. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    NOT SURE IF NETS WAS USED BECAUSE OF ALL THE LOGS

MY MONEY SAYS THEY SHOCKED THEM EASY PLACE TO SHOCK 2 BECAUSE OF ITS LOCATION ..

13. KAW RIVER KILLER

KAW RIVER KILLER New Member

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    I ran lines with my brother in law and 2 of his friends close to Fontana earlier in the summer. We did our legal 32 lines (between the 4 of us) and got 25 fish (3 flats, 7 channel, 15 blue, total about 200lbs) with one rebait. If you did a 100 or so lines and rebaited 5-7 times over a couple days it wouldn't be hard to get 1000 lbs.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  14. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

hoopnets tremmel nets a few to many trot lines shock box ect. theres a ton of ways to fill up a boat full of fish

15. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    hear say, they were running lines and rod and reel not sure how many there were doing it. but like kaw killer said if you hit that river in the right spot at the right time you can get alot of weight in a short time heck me and 2 others would of had a 200# stringer the night i got the fish in my avitar if we'd kept them all. and that was 5 fish in under 5hrs.

16. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I should have known better than to even open this thread. :angry: Game wardens ain't gonna do crap. They are under staffed and could more than likely give a rats arse about catfish. I've said it many many times.

PEOPLE SUCK

17. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing Well-Known Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    I wouldn't mind knowing were they were doing this. The MDC is my home waters and might just have to see what I can do about them. Get tags and such. Have to see when and If, I find them.

18. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    depends on what day it is probally:roll_eyes: they have camped out at our campsite before with binoculars and arrested some guy, doin the trunk trick that was mentioned, with wipers at the lake. iv had them going special forces on my but a few times, cought them peeking around trees with the binnocs at 70yrds or so down on the river.

19. Sound

Sound New Member

State:
    Arkadelphi
    If I didn't have positive proof I wouldn't mention their names. Would think your state has an 800 hotline to report such things. I would call that number and hope they followed up and do their job.

20. KAW RIVER KILLER

KAW RIVER KILLER New Member

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    The hardest challenge with something like this is not changing the minds of a few men, but changing a culture. Most of the guys who harvest like this were taught by their father/uncle/grandfather. They view it as part of their culture and as a tradition. I think the best approach is to educate, and not be adversarial. If they fell like they are being attacked, they will surely be on the defensive and want to hold their ground.

I come across people using illegal methods all of the time (ie 4 or 5 poles, game fish in cast nets), I try to explain what the law is and why it is there. If you threaten to call the GW, they just go somewhere else and do the same thing. There are a lot of younger fishermen at the lake where I net my shad, and they always come up to me to find out what I am doing. It never fails, every time one of them asks me "why'd you throw that one back?". I explain the difference between a game fish and a bait fish and they legal ways to take each one, and they always have more questions and become interested.

It is going to be tough to break old country boys of their ways, but it is very easy to educate the next generation of fishmen.