to take a kid fishing

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by TheMadCatter, May 20, 2009.

1. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    so i took my buddy and his kid fishing again yesterday in hopes of catching some bait, and boy did we!
    let me say first that a lot of people on here are very in to fishing education, and i think that is great. there is something about the way a kids eyes light up when they catch a fish, any fish, that takes me back to being a kid and catching my first one. i think its amazing how a childs excitment can transfer to you from something so simple as catching a green perch.
    i found myself so excited for him that my hands were shaking trying to get it off the hook so he could catch another......lol. 64 total was the number he caught, amazing. we had to make him stop as we had no more bait.
    i hope other people find this much joy in introducing a kid to fishing, but please dont just give them a pole and say "go catch fish". this results in the kid we have all seen who is impatient, becomes bored, and begins doing more to scare fish away than catching them.
    show them how, teach them why, and above all teach them about the fish they are catching as they come out of the water. believe me they will listen, and soon they will be out fishing you.

2. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Brandon you will never regret the time u take to teach a child or anyone thats never fished before the art of fishing,. It,s a great way to make good memories ,GOOD FOR YOU

3. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I started my grandson at 3 yrs old and he's now 17 and one of my best fishing buddies. We still are able to learn together and it's still a thrill for me to see him hook into a "big 'un". Now my 8 yr old grand daughter has expressed an interest and has been crappie fishing with me a couple of times (the girl has a knack). Kudos to you and all who take the time to educate our kids the sport and preservation of one of our greatest resources.

4. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri

thanks man, welcome to the boc!

5. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Larry welcome to the BOC it's a great site ,info an people

WELCOME ABOARD

6. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Larry.
    Brandon notice my signature!!

7. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    Welcome to BOC Larry..... Thats what its about Brandon... I have a 4yr old that eats-sleep-and _ _ _ _ fishing....lol His teacher says hes the first in class to get up and tell about our fishing adventures... For show and tell he took my cast net and tried to show them how i cast it...lol Man.. The kid run around the house with a shoe string tied to a stick...:smile2::smile2: He loves fishing that much....4yrs old.. I think i created a monster...:eek:oooh::roll_eyes:

8. Quackheadjh

Quackheadjh New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Anybody that takes time out of there schedule to take a kid fishing or hunting is allright in my book. They are the future of our sport.