To stabalize my 10' jon boat

Discussion in 'Boat Repair Help' started by Catfish Jaw, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Catfish Jaw

Catfish Jaw New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    I was wondering if i could get some pvc pipe and use it to stablalize the boat so I can stand up! My problame is how to get the pipe on my boat, so i can put it on and take it off?:confused2: Please help, thanks!

2. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Try this ? measure 4 in. pvc and glue it where the boat will set in it at the water level, Then you can set the boat in it when you want . Should make it a lot more stable...:0a26::0a22:

3. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Hello Justin, You may want to check the Kayak section on here. A type of outrigger would probably work with clamps on the rail so you could slide them out into position when you are not moving. There is some thinwall pipe that maybe easier to place easier. Good Luck!

4. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    shoot man, I fish outta my 10' jon ALOT... after awhile you'll develop balance in it... heck, I can stand up and pee over the side while reeling in a monster flattie at the same time!:wink:

5. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    That's real talent.

6. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    whale tail mine is great!

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Those small jons can be quite a challenge sometimes. Just remember no matter what you do, it will be kind of unstable.

8. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    The sure solution is to trade it in for a wider/bigger boat.

9. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    One way would be to attach a 4" or 6" by 10' pvc pontoon on each side. Put end caps on, and attach using T couplers and 90 degree angle couplers to run the attaching pvc across each end of the boat, just shy of each end. That gives you a unit that will simply set across the boat. To fasten it to the boat, use wire or heavy cord to fasten 4 C-clamps onto the pvc unit where it crosses the sides of the boat. Then you can just tighten the C-clamps onto the sides of the boat to put it on, and loosen them to remove it. You'll want the pontoons to be down in the water a little bit when you're sitting in the boat, but not too much, or you'll sacrifice its floatation.

10. BACKWOODSBOY350

BACKWOODSBOY350 New Member

State:
    COLORADO
    YOU CAN GET A SET OF C CLAMPS WITH FLAT FACES AND DRILL OUT THE NON- ROTATING SIDE THEN BOLT IT TO THE PVC AND SILICONE THE HOLES AFTER ATTACHING THE CLAMPS THEN CAP THE PIPE I WOULD USE 8 INCH PIPE WITH A HEAVY WALL . IF YOU HAVE MORE QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO MESSAGE ME

11. runabout199

runabout199 New Member

State:
    Cartersville, G
    thats funny