To Bye or not?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by luckey wade, Jan 14, 2009.

1. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    Today while I was looking for acouple of things for my next fishing trip.
    At WallyWorld ,I saw a hand held gps .It was marked down from 200$ to 100$Just wonder If this was any good.Im tired of spening my Money on JUNK. Magelllan Triton 400 Adventure Pack GPS unit?
    Topo Exploer Deluxe Map Software Carring case S.d.Card
    Thanks Luckey Wade

2. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    According to C-net, there are two reviews... One person said the unit malfunctioned and the other said it was hard to use. But that is a good price.

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sounds like a good price Randy, but if you are wanting one solely for what I think you are... For nighttime running in the fog on the river. Save your money and buy a better depthfinder with the GPS equipped. You will get more use out of one unit than the two! Thats what I did. If you are wanting it for every other use, then I would buy it for that price. Goodluck either way bro....rollo

4. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    Wow You guys are fast!It took me 20 mintues to write the ? .And 3 mintues to get 2 good repiles .Catfish Rollo .Thanks My next? is what Depth finer is a good one .I want to see the bottom of the river so bad.
    An mark my spots. Hand held Is a good Idea .Does one of these units have the navagation system?
    Centexcop ,Thank you What is C net?

5. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    cnet is a website that reviews things... .primarily electronics. I like to use it before I upgrade my cell phone each time.... Sometimes i don't pay attention to the cnet review and look closer at the user review.

6. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Just my experience, but you cant go wrong with Lowrance...The new HD models are hitting the market now, which should drop the price down a bunch. To get a good look at the bottom I would recommend a nice color graph with 480x480 pixels. They arent gonna be cheap, but worth every penny. I tell you what though I had an eagle fish mark 320 black and white 150$ graph, and it did awesome for finding structure and fish. A color graph with GPS may run you upwards of 500$ or more, or less if you can find the right place. I know a couple of guys now that have a seperate GPS, handheld one like you described and it works really great for them marking spots on the river. Good luck bud.:wink: