Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone here owns a Scooter/Moped ? I am looking at a E-Ton Matrix 150 it gets an estimated 120 MPG. That can save me some serious cash on my fishing trips also, allowing me more cash flow to visit some different lakes and trout waters.

So post any info and testimonials or hate stories here to help me along.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
I had a 1987 Honda Helix, 250cc 4 stroke, for about 2 years. It was ugly as hell, but was trouble free, got 70 mpg, and would run 70 mph. It had a decent lil trunk, and just enough windscreen to keep the bugs off of ya. I rode it back & forth to work, and to town for those lil convenience trips that would kill ya in fuel for the truck. Here are a couple pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I wouldn't buy a scooter for fishing, look awful funny trying to ride home with catfish gear and catfish hanging off the handlebars. I would buy it to save gas money the rest of the time then take the truck to the lake/river. Sure you look like a dork on one,but so does anyone else and you can laugh as you drive by watching them fill their cars at the gas station.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
I have a Honda Helix I have been riding for a few years. Plenty of power and great gas mileage. I ride it on the interstate with heavy traffic and trucks. No problems. I would recommend one.

·
Registered
10,863 Posts
I recently bought a old honda 90 trail bike. Looks like a girls bycicle but has the high/low range transmission. Needs rings and a valve job, along with some new cables. Other than that it looks just like it did in the early 70's. i'll get er going this summer and have something to bowhunt with this fall.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.