To all the smokers who fish?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by LadyValea1, Oct 4, 2006.

1. LadyValea1

LadyValea1 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Just a question. when you are boat or bank fish and smoke... where do you dispose of the cigarette?

Everytime.. I witness smokers throwing the butts into the lake,pond,river....
    thats so nasty!!

I mean general trash is bad for our water ways...

2. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I agree with what you say and i will be the first to admit i have on occasion done this... But i have seen where people have dumped truck loads of garbage into the river... some places , some people can be ignorant, arrogant A**holes..... Just thinking of some of my favorite holes gets me aggravated.. And im sure alot of you out there know what im talking about... One of your most productive holes and its known to all but some treat it as a trash dump...... gerrrrrrr...

3. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Look in the splash well of my boat! Ooh nasty!:crazy:

4. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    i just drop mine in the bottom of the boat and clean them out with all the cans the next day and i agree i do not like seeing trash thrown in to the water i have reeled in anything from rubber gloves to trash bags but the strangest thing i ever caught was in a little pond in a trailor court it was a starter off an old ford sorry kind of went off topic with that one

5. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    I hate it when I'm spending a day on the water, enjoying the views and nature and then I see trash and cig. butts floating by. NASTY

6. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    I just put them out on the ground next to where I am fishing and pick the butts up when I leave.

7. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I don't smoke, but I do pick up the butts. There is nothing better than a cig. butt to hold up your egg sinker. Simply wrap the line a couple of times, pull it tight and tie a knot, holds the slip sinker up nicely.

8. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Lot of people think someone of lower pay will clean up behind them.:roll_eyes:

9. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    I always have a pop can for my smokes .

10. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I put mine in my empty beer can. The beer can then goes in a trash bag in one of my hatches.
    Bill