To all the Ohioans

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by bigfish08, Mar 22, 2008.

1. bigfish08

bigfish08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    just curious what everyones PB flathead is, i know some of you fellas catch some hogs, obviously not counting paylakes what is everyone PBs on flatties, i think this year their is a good chance someone will break the record, anyone from ohio think they got a good chance at a state record? :roll_eyes: everyone chime in, i always wonder how many people consistantly land big flatheads..

2. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I'm about half way there with 38 1/2#. Everytime I fish, I fish as if I'm about to catch the big one. You never know.

3. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My PB Flathead is 39 lbs caught at Salt Fork Lake.

4. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I am guessing the next record will come from Salt Fork.

5. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    not a chance of catching a record flattie where i fish (Great Miami river), they just dont get that big here. north of Hamilton flatties seem to top out around 35lb. south of Hamilton they get a little bigger but not much. have seen a couple 40's years back, friend caught one that we think was pushing 50 (scale was dead) about 10 years ago, my PB on the GMR was a 36lb fish from around the Miamitown area. PB on the Scioto was caught last summer, a 37lb fish.

6. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    48 lbs for me. Got it at Tappan Lake last summer.

7. Phillybass

Phillybass New Member

State:
    Mansfield, OH
    40+ for me close to saltfork but not there:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

8. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    56 1/2 lbs caught out of the hocking river

9. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Mine was right at 30 lbs from the GMR but hope to get into some better ones this summer on the Ohio. I agree with dink, no chance of it coming out of anywhere in the Western half of Ohio ( legally anyways - pay pond maybe )

Salmonid

10. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    if the record is broken on the gmr it would down close to the mouth of the great miami river on the ohio river. the only possibility in the future might be ceasar creek lake because of the depth of the lake and the structure inside that place

11. Mizzbigcat

Mizzbigcat New Member

State:
    Warren County Ohio
    I agree Rick. The next Ohio Record in coming from Caesar's Creek, and catching it this summer!

My best to date there is 22#

12. fishnohio

fishnohio New Member

State:
    Middletown,Ohio
    my pb was 35.4 lbs out of the GMR in Middletown and my friend caught one out of the same hole that bottomed out a 50 lb scale, i think it is possible to catch a 60 plus pounder out of our little honey hole on the GMR in Middletown......Mike

13. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    you talking the low dam there i have heard that my pb 30lb was caught near miamsburg in 2005 30lb i have to try that low dam or the one in hamilton this year. also going to hike rieshler forest in butler county as hike it but going to fish it this year.

14. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    My PB flattie is 32 caught out of Salt Fork. IMHO there is no way that the next state record will come from there. That place is lit like a christmas tree on the weekends. Now the MWCD is a tremendous fishery, but as for records... try Hargus.... or lake Logan..... (Sarcasm alert)

15. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    My best is 27# Channel Cat ... caught on 20# test on bait casting rod using night crawlers for bait ... looking forward to busting a couple of Big'uns this year here in Ohio waters... Garry-

16. bigfish08

bigfish08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i remember a couple people posting some hogs from salt fork, also a 58 from the gmr, also someone got close on the ohio last year i think, i definately have a good feeling someone is going to break that record soon, ohio has some mighty fine catfisherman..:wink: i think there are alot of record class flats around, just think everyone who fishes alot for big flatheads has hooked one that they only could smile and laugh as to whether it was record class, id say this year is the year, be prepared you never know when he will decide to take your bait.:roll_eyes: good luck

17. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Don't mind me boys, just making a run to get to 2300! :wink:

18. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    My Pb is 34 from the GMR. Caught in the ross area. i hope to get a 40+ out of the GMR this year

19. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Not too lucky with the flatheads; personal best is only around 8 pounds..........but I catch a good deal of 4-6 pounders.

20. tkbiker

tkbiker New Member

State:
    Ohio

Netman.. Congrats!