To all Siota River fisherman out there

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by truckin4x4, Dec 27, 2006.

1. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    I just wanted to let you guys know that there is really something to watch out for. i was fishing alot this past summer down on the siota river just past siota downs. well anyways i got some kind of a fungus on my foot from standing in the water and has taken over 4 months for it to clear up. so just be carful and watch out not to wear sandles in the water there.

2. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Thanks for sharing. I tend to keep my boots on when I have to enter the water. Never know what you might step on.

3. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    we who have waded, swam, ate fish, and drank:)ooooh: ) from the heavily industialized, sewage treatment plant-every-5-mile, Great Miami river have developed a super-human, mutant, anti-viral immune system:cool2: ! 'aint no way any other river can phase us:tounge_out: (guess thats why i stay sick.....?) BTW, did a doctor confirm that was the cause?

4. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    I caught a channel cat this summer that had some funny looking bumps on the side of it. I also have been in the water more times than I would like because of mishaps and that's bad since I fish from a boat. Never had any health problems as far as I can tell. I fish the Scioto from Circleville north to Cook's golf course.

5. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    When I fish/wade headwater streams Im much more apt to wet wade but the lower reaches of the GMR for example, I usually wear waders , more from the point of getting a cut on rebar or broken glass , etc. and worried about nasty infections, I fish below one of the dams in Downtown Dayton where the whole area is chunk concrete with rebar sticking out of it and with the algea bloom of summer and about 1" of visability, I always wear waders there for the extra protection.

Are you sure you just didnt pick up a variation of Athletes foot??? That stuff can take all sorts of shapes and forms and can easily take 4 months to wipe out even with Lamisil prescriptions!

Salmonid

6. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    yeah the doctor tested the sandles that i was wering and they came back positive for some funguse.

7. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I fish the scioto from chillicothe to the power plant on 23 @ the franklin county line been in the water a couple a times ( fliped boat over once) seen lots of wierd lookin fish but no foot fungus

8. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My son and i took a few canoe trips from Circleville to Chillecothe last summer. Waded alot and even swam on the hot days. Neither one of us had a problem with fungus or anything else.

9. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think it could happen if you get that river water into a sctatch that was already there..Myself I have had so much of sciotos water in my mouth over the years I dont worry about it.