To all my fellow cat-folks....

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by CarolinaCatJack, Aug 29, 2008.

1. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    I wanted to thank you all for opening me up the concept of "C.P.R." I've been talking to some of the guys at work and we all agree with y'all. It's the best thing to do. There's no telling how old a 30-80lb fish is. Besides, it's good for the young'uns. Let 'em go, let 'em live, let 'em grow, let 'em reproduce. Then there will always be fish to catch. Again, thanks for the concept, and I assure all of you that I'll be practicing it from now on. Besides, I'm tired of cleaning the big'uns.....You can make stew and nuggets out of the little ones too. :tounge_out:

2. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    AWESOME POST!!

Glad to hear you are learning and looking out for the future of our sport! :wink:

3. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
  4. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I know you didn't keep any the day we went.

I won't let him even when his wife wanted some. LOL

5. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    [I know you didn't keep any the day we went.

I won't let him even when his wife wanted some. LOL]

Darn right I didn't keep any! Didn't have a cooler big enough. LMAO!! And he's right y'all....He wouldn't let me keep any. I wasn't upset about it though. I just figured it was one of the rules of his boat. No biggie. But, in my defense, money was a little tight then. I was just tryin' to get some meat in the freezer! LOL!

OK, Riverrat's the only one I've fished with. Who else wants to get out on the water with me (so I'll have some new stories to tell)? :smile2:

6. Beaufort

Beaufort Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Thats a good rule. When i take people fishing I always tell them to bring a camera because the big uns going back.

7. OhioRiverCatfisher

OhioRiverCatfisher New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Glad to hear you like the CPR idea...

8. Ghosth

Ghosth New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    Lots of people do selective harvest, and thats a great thing for catfish and catfishing everywhere. Glad to see you joined the club.

Personally anything over 5# is safe from my knife. Under that, well depends on how much I have in the freezer and how hungry I am. :)

Where you set your limits is up to you and your conscience.

9. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Great post. Ya know not only is it a good thing to do but it feels darn good when ya let a big one go like that !!!! Now I enjoy watching my kids do it ; )

-Jim-

Thanks for the post.