To all members

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by jerseycat9, Aug 23, 2006.

1. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Hello to all members. I have noticed a lot of anymosity among us lately. And some of us have been getting short with other members as of late. I am guilty as well. Some people have moved on this is life. I for one do not like to see people of a common feather bickering over small isues that turn into goliath proportions. We all came here for one reason: we like to fish and talk about it. I have been posting in the recent catches and stories forum hoping to revive the essence of why we are here. I love to here about fishin trips and time spent with other members that we may have never known that live a block away if it wasnt for this great site. paul and the Mods have achieved something special. They have captured lightning in a bottle. And I am hoping that we can get back to what brought us here. As of late I have noticed that the carp forum is getting more response than the channel forum. And the whole site has been debating on the HI more than members are sharing on the general catfish forum. We came here to meet friends and some where along the way we lost site of why we are here. Cant we just get back to the friendly side of fishing. Thanks Terry(Jerseycat9)

2. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Better words never spoken!

3. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yes, very good post, you're right.

4. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    just remember the site name BROTHERHOOD OF CATFISHERMAN. NOT the Brotherhood of hatism

5. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Hey Guys I am what is considered a green horn here but I was an early member of the old site and we did not go through the mutiny that we are seeing now. I hope that we can get past the EGOS that have been keeping us from getting back to what made us the best fishin site on the web hands down. I am on a crusade from here forth to restore the brotherhood of us members and to future members.

6. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    members I am getting tired so I am not holding back. What is it that is holding us back from becoming closer together: our OPINIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I try not to through my opinions out there any more cause what works for one does not work for the other. hey we all have our methods but I think we intimadate other members withour jargin cause we have fale safe systems for our part of the country that may not hold true for other members. my point is dont be so quick to shoot people down on there simple questions we all started somewere. And what worked for you does not equate to other sections of the counry

7. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Thanks, Terry for saying what needed to be said. I have been on here for a very short while and have noticed the changes your refering to, its like we took a wrong turn somewhere.

8. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Terry,I totolly agree with you 100% Life is to darn short for all the bickering and hatefulness. I one for try to chose my words wisely.Don't know if I do all of the time.If I step on someones feet I don't intend to. Reps to you brother for be honest as to how you feel about it all.GOD BLESS!!

9. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    sotrue so true well said

10. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    I couldn't agree anymore. Let's get back to fishing. Where they bitin? Nuff said.

11. Guthooked

Guthooked New Member

State:
    Ga
    Jersycat9 I totally agree. + rep to you.

12. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Look at it from the other side...anytime you get 5,000 plus people together,there will be 5,000 different opinions.To expect everyone to post"Me too",or "I agree" would get old in a hurry....kinda like listening to Rush Limbaugh.

I'm not sure what bickering your refering to-with 1,500 new posts everyday,I only open the posts that have a title that sounds interesting or has local importance.....

I ain't bashing you,but you have to be realistic.

13. BAITFISH

BAITFISH New Member

State:
    Bringhurst,IN.
    I can agree with that Terry

14. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Good post Terry, thanks for sharing bro.

15. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    I agree with Cooke, if we all had the same opinions we wouldn't have much to talk about. We are a family, I never seen a family with out a little bickering, LOL.

16. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    Good post Terry, and I think we only have a few on here that has that "my way or the highway" attitude.

17. minnies_moocher

minnies_moocher New Member

State:
    Coldspring, Texas
    I agree with you brothers and sisters. We are a family. We are here to help one another with problems and enjoy the good times with fishing and life.

18. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    Thanks, Terry. Good post.

19. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I will say that when I first encountered this site, I was impressed by the civility and friendliness of the forums here. That is why I joined.

I have since been quite discouraged with all of the name calling, especially in the political arena. For cryin' out loud, I would love to go fishing with anybody that loves to fish--regardless of who they vote for! I would like to see politics posted on some forum outside of the BOC, not here! :confused2:

20. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Good post. With all of the members here and all of the questions asked I am surprised there are not more "bumping heads". I try to let most things I disagree with slide off my back like butter in a hot skillet. So with most other I agree with you.