TNR

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by lilgriz, Jan 8, 2008.

1. lilgriz

lilgriz New Member

State:
    Aurora, KY
    Fellas, I'm feelin purdy good and kinda lucky. Think I'm gonna throw everything I got at them tonight! See ya'll there!

2. Jazper

Jazper New Member

State:
    Chillicothe OH
    Ill be there too. Record breaking warmth. Should be a great nite. Going to try out the little Atlantic Needlefish I got Sunday. MWAHAHHAHAHHA

3. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Hey can't wait, i'll be there in a bit. Going to get a bite to eat then head out, got to stop and get some gas and sodas on the way.

4. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Where are you guys fishing at on Tuesday nights? If you are still doing it when I get down in April, I might join you for a week or two.

5. lilgriz

lilgriz New Member

State:
    Aurora, KY
    We are fishin at Devils Elbow. Its on Lake Barkley in Land Between the Lakes. When you get closer to coming down, let us know and we will glady have you out there with us!

6. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I drive by Devils Elbow going to the LBL every time I go down. We usually camp at Rushing Creek or Ginger Bay. You guys bank fishing or taking your boats?

I'l be down with my nephews the first full week of May for sure. I'm thinking of coming down a week earlier and making it two weeks.

It all depends on my healing from my last surgery and if and when they take all the tubes out of me, my kidneys stay working. The last few springs goes like clockwork. I get cut on in November, then by April my tubes are plugging up, and my kidneys start shutting down. Then they drill holes in my back and put tubes in me. lol

The Year before last when they put me on disability I went and got my F250. That winter I bought my truck camper with the intentions of enjoying your neck of the woods. I was down once last year, Grrrrrrrrrr. Damn doctors. I'm taking it real easy and trying to get healed up right, so this year maybe I can enjoy life.

Can a person sit in his truckcamper and camp at Devils Elbow? Heck I could sit there and fish a few days. I have been going down to that area for 25 years and have yet to fish Lake Barkley. I always end up leaving my boat sit on KY Lake for a week or so.

Boy with this sitting and healing BS, I have been loading that darn camper with about anything a person could want. I even picked up a 18 cup drip coffee pot off of Ebay. I just boil up some water and pour it in the top. 18 cups is about enough to have extra for company. lol lol Bought a new generator for camper and got a new one for the boat.

In a couple weeks I'm going to start working on my boat. I put it in the garage just before they cut on me, so it would be already in when I was able to work on it. I even have new Bottomline fishlocators to go on it,[ Ebay of course]. I have had two of those big Bottom line, three way screen split with the sidefinder deals and they all went to heck after a couple years. Grrrr I was going to go with a new Hummingbird this year. Well I seen these Bottom line Tournament 320s, brand new, and they cost me for three, an average 76 dollars a piece, shipping and all. I'll have 2 on my boat and the nephews 2nd locater will be one of these also.
    Hey they were cheaper than a Humingbird and cheaper than those old Bottomlines I had. Them big ones were about 600 or so and then only lasted two years. My nephews claim I killed them by leaving them on the boat winter and summer. I'm going to try and remove these after each trip and bring them in the house. Maybe they will last longer.

:big_smile::wink::big_smile:

7. lilgriz

lilgriz New Member

State:
    Aurora, KY
    Sounds good! If you are coming down around May, we will probably be fishing over at Energy Lake by then, going after them BIG flatties! Energy Lake is in LBL as well. It's actually part of Lake Barkley.

We always bank fish cause theres usually a hand full of us fishing out there. We also usually grill some good eats, and thats hard to do on a boat!:big_smile:
    But anyway, we will sure hook up and do some fishing while you are down either where we fish or over where you will be!

8. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I seen the signs for energy lake but never checked it out either. Can I camp at Devils Elbow???

9. lilgriz

lilgriz New Member

State:
    Aurora, KY
    Yes you can camp at Devils Elbow if you don't mind primitive camping. There is a new 4 lane road coming though there right now and it looks like it is going to mess up the main sites they have there. But if you don't mind gettin your truck a little muddy, the spot we fish would be a decent little place to set up a camp. It is a little ways down a dirt road, and is way back off the main highway, you purdy much have the spot all to yourself. If I understood you right, you have 1 of those campers that slide in a truck, that would be perfect for Devils Elbow. You'll have to take a look when you come down and see what you think. They require that you get a back country camping permit but that is only 15$ a year.

10. Jazper

Jazper New Member

State:
    Chillicothe OH
    Well I assume and you know about assuming things, but I dont see any monster fish from last nite. So I take it there was none?

11. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Sounds good. I picked up a backcountry permit last year and never used it. LOL Kinda like my non resident KY license, only used it for 10 days. lol

I have a truck camper, has bed over cab, bathroom,sink,stove,microwave/convection oven, table,etc.It works good for a couple people or me and my dog.:big_smile:

12. lilgriz

lilgriz New Member

State:
    Aurora, KY
    Sounds like a nice camper! I have one in my yard but it is an old one, not much count anymore. Thought bout fixin it up and slidein it in the truck for those Tuesday night trips.

Those permits should be good for 1 year from the date you purchased it.

13. Jazper

Jazper New Member

State:
    Chillicothe OH
    You do now david? Hmm, watch out I have a thought. Would look pretty darn funny in that sonoma if its what I'm thinking.

14. lilgriz

lilgriz New Member

State:
    Aurora, KY
    It might fit in that sanoma!:smile2:

15. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    No big monster fish this time. I did land a nice channel at 2:00am. Somewheres around 5 lbs. Cotton John gave me a nice mess of slab crappies.

:confused2:

16. Jazper

Jazper New Member

State:
    Chillicothe OH
    What time did he show up out there?

17. john catfish young

State:
    Kentucky
    I believe he was there and left before you got there. As soon as it started raining cotton John left. He brought crappie out for Lou but gave them to me ,since lou wasn't there.
    :big_smile:

18. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Yea Cotton John had been Crappie fishing and didn't have any of his other gear with him, so he headed home about time the rain started.

19. lilgriz

lilgriz New Member

State:
    Aurora, KY
    Is it Tuesday yet?:sad2::wink::big_smile:

20. john catfish young

State:
    Kentucky
    Well guys, I'm heading into town early to get some supplies. Maybe some charcoal for something on the grill. Please bring grill! It's gonna be a cold one! Highs around 35 today with lows plummeting to around 25. Winds changing to southeast by nightfall around 5mph. Not as bad as last week, but colder. I'm gonna try to get there around 12 or 1 oclock, maybe get a FIRE going. Fishing time tables says 5:00- 7:00 pm.........11:00- 1:00am.........who knows tonight might be the night !!!!!!! Time for another biggun!!!!!: c-ya there:cool2: