TN Volunteers Need a New Kicker

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by festus, Oct 24, 2009.

1. festus

festus New Member

He can't punt, he can't kick off, and he can't get enough elevation on a field goal to stop it from getting blocked. It's not entirely him to blame, there were a few penalties also, but they should have knocked off #1 Alabama today, but lost 12-10.

2. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    roll tide roll :eek:oooh:

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I was rooting for the Vols! :big_smile:

4. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I didn't have a dawg in that fight (I'm a Dawg fan :wink::big_smile:), but that's a really tough loss when you miss a FG, get 2 more blocked, and only lose by 2 pts. to the #1 team in a rivalry game.

5. PaCatfishHunter

PaCatfishHunter New Member

State:
    Greensburg, PA
    This game killed me. I was having a good day until the end of the game. I am a huge Vol fan and my old man is a bama fan. He been calling me all night. I'm just not answering. What a way to lose.:angry::angry::angry:

6. festus

festus New Member

I couldn't figure out why the Tennessee field goal holder set up 6 yards behind the line of scrimmage. Usually they set up at least 7 yards behind the line of scrimmage. So that made blocking the field goals much easier. I'm not trying to take anything away from Alabama's effort at all, and I'd much rather see the Crimson Tide or LSU win the SEC than Florida. This will probably knock Alabama out of their #1 ranking, but that stuff doesn't mean diddly this time of the season, anyway.

7. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    like i said in an earlier post.. saturdays dont mean much to me other than being able to watch football with my boy. BUT, i woulda liked to see the vols beat the number 1 team, specially since they were 2-7 overall playing number 1s...

I think that Cody was definately shooting for D player of the game though. 1 sack, 2 blocked FGs. That kid looked pretty good to me! The commentators mentioned he came to the school at well over 400lbs. They (coaches im sure) told him the only way he could ever play football was to lose weight. He is now down around 350-360 range. Looks to me that kid has alot of heart, passion, willingness, and skill for this game. Good job Terrence Cody, You earned that win!

8. festus

festus New Member

Yeah, Cody is a fine ballplayer. It's hard to believe someone that big can play football in the SEC. He still needs to lose some weight. I heard an ESPN commentator say he was one biscuit shy of weighing 380 pounds. :smile2:

9. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Look out for LSU..I believe they are seeking a rematch with Florida..Les Miles finally unleashed the offense this weekend and they destroyed Auburn.It always seems with the LSU/Alabama games that the home team loses..HMMM wonder who the home team is this year for that game???Well regardless, what I want in the end for my team is a match with USC or Texas...I want USC in a bad way..As far as Texas,well we already taught them all about winning a baseball national title and it would be nice to teach them about football too..:smile2:

10. festus

festus New Member

The game is in Tuscaloosa, Les, I hope LSU wins out, and if I'm not mistaken, they will win The West if they do. They sure destroyed Auburn last night. Florida can be beaten. They've already been exposed too much this year. The only thing I worry about LSU is their defensive coordinator, Johnny Chavis, who I'm sure you know came from Tennessee. His defenses are vulnerable on 3rd and long and 4th and long, at least when he was up here. Good luck in the West. If you saw yesterday, Alabama has problems at quarterback. They are strong in most other areas.

11. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    You are right, he does need to lose some more weight. thanks for the comment on his current weight, I wasnt sure. His stats were somewhere on a bama blog page. they said something about 265? he still needs to shed a bit, but is doing pretty good for now!