TN River...wife kicks my butt

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Cathooker, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    Vicki and I set sail from skull Island this morning just as light was peeking over the horizon. We headed down to the Nuke area for some Husband n Wife quality time. A few short minutes after arriving at our fishing spot I boated a scarred up post spawn blue of 23 lbs. The bite was slow but steady. We managed to catch 16 blues with several in the 10 to 15 lb range. It seemed that Vicki could only manage 1 fish to my four and I felt bad for her. EricM came over to visit with us about 11 and as we were talking Vicki sorta grunted out that she had one on. She fought the fish for a moment or two and says I can't reel in any line. The rod just got a deeper bend as she tried to reel down. Thinking she was hung up I took the rod, applied pressure and felt a head shake. I handed it back to her and told her to be patient that she indeed had on a really good fish. She fought it like a pro with Eric close by cheering her on. It turned out to be a 33 lber. She may not have had the numbers but she had the quality. I loved watching her face light up when we boated her fish. This fish was also scarred all over it's back and appeared to be post spawn also....maybe the good uns are showing up again. It was good to see Eric today. A really great day all the way around. Thank you God.

Attached Files:

2. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    congrats on a great trip....:wink::wink::wink:

3. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    Skipjack

4. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Good job......and you got to go fishing too.

5. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Alan glad to see you and the missus is having good quality time. Tell Ole Eric he could let a feller know how he's feeling once in awhile.. I'll sneak him in a hand full of good sinkers before long. I need to get the toon out of moth balls and get over on the nuke to do some good catting. Last time I saw you we caught about 100# up there. Good eating to.:wink:

6. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Sounds like y'all had a great time, congrats!

7. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Great report Alan! :big_smile: Congrats to Vicki on the nice Bluecat! Thanks for sharing the pics! :cool2:

8. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Cant tell you how relieved I am to read that it was a good fishing trip.When I first read the thread I thought it said "Wife Kicks My Butt Into the Tenn River" I figured if she was that mad at you she might want to sell all your stuff cheap.!!!!:smile2::big_smile:Keep out fishing her and it might happen soon.:big_smile:

9. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Congrats on a awesome trip an the quality time with the wife!

10. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Congrats on the great outing with the wife!:cool2:

Thank you for the report!

11. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    lol that's great bro. That's the way it is with me and my wife when I take her out with me, she either catches the most or the biggest never fails.

12. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Congrats to you and the missus and that's a great looking camo cap you're wearing:wink: Stay safe and good fishing!!!