TN River strikes again!

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by bumper, Jul 30, 2009.

1. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Wow, It's took me a couple days to post this (had to get a new computer :angry:), but I had one of my best trips ever Monday night/Tuesday mornin'. I've had some good trips for numbers this summer, but not for really big fish like this one. It started out with me headin' up to the TN River again for another all-nighter, this time solo. I spent a couple hrs. catchin' bream for bait, then it was time for some cattin'. The first spot produced 5 fish, includin' the big fish of the trip, a 61 lber. It was hit or miss all night, with some spots puttin' several fish in the boat quickly, and others nothin'. When it was all said and and done, the total catch was 18 cats, but it was the size that was crazy. Total weight on the 18 cats was 420 or 430 lbs., with 4 of the big blues over 40 lbs., a couple more over 30, and several over 20. 3 of the cats were flatheads (all from the same spot), and 1 was a channel (smallest fish of the night at 6 lbs.). All fish were caught (and released) from 20 to 40 ft. deep on fresh cut bream and water temps were about 82 degrees. Most fish were caught on a new hook I'm using, the 10/0 Charlie Brown from BOC sponsor Wild Wolf Products (great for big baits and big fish). I took several pics for your enjoyment, the first is the 61 lber, the second (my favorite) is the 61 modeling a new BOC hat for us :smile2: (the hats first fishin' trip!), and the third is a couple of the flatheads. I'll post some more in the next post.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  2. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Here are some pics of the bigger blues, a 46 and 28 that hit back to back, a 43, and a 41. I got tired of settin' the camera's timer and tryin' to get good pics, so I used a "Wal-mart Sprite" can for a size reference :big_smile:.

Attached Files:

3. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Here's one last pic, a pic of a blue, a flathead and the channel all together that all got on within' a few minutes of each other. You can really see the difference in the shape, anal fin, and coloration of the blue vs. the channel in the pic.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  4. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Congrats on a great trip! Nice cats!

5. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    WOW, great report Bumper! Sounds like an amazing trip. Congrats on all of those really nice fish and thanks for the pics.

6. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    All I can say is "WOW" what a trip! Nice ones bro! Congrats!:crazy::crazy::crazy:

7. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on a great night out and reps to ya for the CPR!!!!

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Great catch David, congrats on your catch!

9. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    nice trip bumper! looks like the fish kept ya pretty busy...

10. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Man that sure is a nice days catch. Congrats and thanks for sharing.

11. fishinfreak19D

fishinfreak19D New Member

State:
    Pittston, PA
    sounds like a GREAT night of catfishing, tanks for sharing the story and the pics.

12. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Great trip. If you keep that up. I may have to drive 5 hours to fish with you. LOL
    Bring the Video camera and hooks..
    I sure like the Camera I have now, it has a remote with it. Makes it easy to get that shot by your self.
    Glad to see the Charlie Browns are doing the Job. I have a few hundred more coming in around the 12 or 15 of next month.
    Pete

13. Brianh

Brianh Member

State:
    Illinois
  14. shadguts

shadguts New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Amazing! David you just keep on boating those bigguns. Congrats to you and may many more come your way.

15. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Great trip, Congrats and thanks for the pic's. Nice camera work and thanks for CPR. This proved that wackin don't always mean stackin.:wink:

16. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    Wow! That was an awesome trip. 3 species in one photo is crazy. Congrats to you.

17. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    congrats on the fishing trip

18. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Heck of a trip David! Congrats!

19. bigdj

bigdj New Member

State:
    Missouri
    thanks for sharing those great pics man congrats on one hell of a night

20. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Oh my David you had one of those fishing trips I have been looking forward to everyday. Awesome catch an many thanks for posting an the pics!