Tn river fish

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by puddle jumper, Nov 6, 2008.

1. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Paul you asked if anyone has been fishing??

I made a trip to Tn river Monday "Chick dam" and had a real nice day on the water solo :wink: first time in a while ive fished by myself, started about noon looking for some gills to load up the cooler little ones for bait and big ones for dinner, set out a couple of lines after a while with some cut chicken "skippys have been a no show this year" and live gill, managed one cat in right at 18 lb, loaded the live-well with some small gills and headed down river to a 50 ft hole I know of,:roll_eyes:

Started setting out lines and before I could get them all set on of my custom "broomsticks" tip went to the water,,grabbed the pole and the drag started screaming "this is the same pole that I dragged the 18lbr in with out a fight " I new it was a good one , but it just didnt feel right, the line felt like under something on the bottom after about 5 min, whatever it was broke off, and my line was frayed for about 20 ft "Berkly big game 50lb",

That was it for that hole so I headed back up to the dam to get set up for some night fishing, fished for untill about 10pm and hung it up,,,

Great day on the water,, managed about two dozed gills, 5 BlueCats from 18, 14, 5, 5 and a 2lb channel, and a lone small Drum,,,

Puddle...
    PS ...I know this is actually TN but wanted to shair it with you guys,,,

Attached Files:

2. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    one other one:wink:
    Puddle

Attached Files:

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a great trip, congrats and good luck in the future

4. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    This time of year. Just being out on the water is a great day. But if you get fish also. Then its priceless... Glad you enjoyed the trip.
    Pete

5. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Nice ones puddle! Thanks for the report.

6. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Sounds like a great solo trip to me. Thanks for sharing.

7. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Nice trip Puddle, glad you had a good time. It's nice to fish solo sometimes.

8. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    nice fish u got there!

9. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    That's a nice one you got there Charlie.

10. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Hey Bumper you'll have to take me and Massey up to the TN river some time and put us on a blue like the one in your picture.

11. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    If we can't get together before then, y'all definitely need to make the next Chattanooga gathering and we can go chase some big blues.