TN River, 7-6-08, I forgot the camera!

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by bumper, Jul 7, 2008.

1. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    My Dad and I hit the TN River (Nickajack Lake) for another night of fishin' and we had a great trip. We started fishing just before dark and the first fish of the night was a blue a little over 40 lbs. and was the big fish of the trip. Then I realized I forgot the camera :crazy:. My girlfriend had taken it out of my tackle box to take some family and fireworks pictures on the 4th and I forgot to put it back:angry::embarassed:, so no pics this time. This was the best trip my dad and I have had in a long time. We ended up catching 19 catfish with a total approximate weight of 275 lbs. :big_smile:. The catch was 16 blues, 2 channels, and 1 flathead (along with a lot of bream and a white bass). Water temps for the trip were 81 to 83 degrees and all fish were caught on cutbait in 30 ft. of water or less. All fish were caught while anchored in slow current and were released as usual. My dad is old school, with no cell phone and no computer, but he is no stranger to big fish either. He has caught multiple fish over 70 lbs. and his PB is 77 lbs. and he is my fishing partner much of the time, though not much lately. Our last trip was bad, so it was nice to have a great trip. I'll try not to forget the camera next time. Good luck fishin'.

2. MSgtCatfish

MSgtCatfish New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Sounds like an awesome trip with some nice fish to boot and man that's neat you and the ol' man did it together. Ol' TN river still pumping out quality fish.

Thanks for sharing the story.

3. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Way to go David, that was some fine fishing and I know it had to be fun. One place Judy and I use to catch some big ole boys at night was in front of the flood gates if they were generating. There is a hole infront of the generators that is kinda small and hard to find but there are some really big ones stacked up in there. The hole is somewhere about mid way of the generators and around 200 feet or so from the dam. I haven't been able to find it again but if you find it you will have to stay on the motor to stay on the hole as the water is fast there.

4. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    Great trip Dave.....I am glad that you and your Dad could make some more good memories.

5. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Fishin' with Dad, 275# of Cats caught, can't get much better than that! :big_smile: Bummer about the camera but things happen!

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That sounds like the trip of a lifetime to me. Congrats on the good catch

7. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Bumper, sounds like an awesome trip and glad to hear that you made it back up to TN! Thanks for the encouraging report.

8. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    Sounds like an awesome trip. Would you rather have forgotten your camera or your scale?

dan

9. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I would probably rather have forgotten the scale because I could look and measure the fish to get a fairly accurate weight and still have pictures. Scale always stays in the tackle box though, so I hope I don't have to worry about that or the camera next time.

10. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Great report David, it sounds like a perfect trip to me thanks for sharing.

11. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    There is no substitute for time spent with loved ones. Especially catching catfish. Too bad about the camera thing David but at least you now have an idea for a gift for your girlfriend.:big_smile: