TN River 12-30-08, new PB.......twice!

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by bumper, Dec 31, 2008.

1. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Went back up to the TN River again yesterday with BassMassey. To give you a little background info, BOC members BassMassey, BradleyG, and myself fished up there a couple weeks ago and they didn't catch anything (I only caught 1). That was their first time there, and they drove a long way and had to buy NR license to fish, so it was a very disappointing trip (my truck window was busted and CD cases stolen when we got back to the ramp that day too :angry:). Even after the last dud trip, Massey made the long drive again and we gave it another shot, and I think he's glad he did this time :wink:. The first spot produced nothing, but at the second spot Massey got a nice 27 lb. blue and while we were getting ready for pics, his pole on the front of the boat, which was thrown right beside the boat with a reused bass fillet for bait, doubled over and he fought to get it out of the rod holder. It turned out to be a new PB for him at 55 lbs. Later on in the day, he had another hawg get on which turned out to be a 62 lber and another new PB for him. I landed 3 fish in the teens, for a total of 6 fish on a variety of cutbaits and water temps about 50 degrees. The weather was great and compared to last time the fishin' was too, especially since we got some really big ones in the boat this time. Here are a couple pics of the 2 bigguns. He's got some better pics of the 62, I think one is his new avatar :cool2:.

Attached Files:

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I hear ya "Lil Chiefin"!!!! WELL done, and WELL worth the drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reps to you David, for puttin' BassMassey on 'em!!

Bill in SC

3. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Nice fish dude! I want one. :big_smile:

4. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Wow, sounds like a great trip! Congratulations Aaron on the jumbo PBs! Glad you had a successful trip. Nice pictures too.

5. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    That's awesome Bumper! :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship: What a great way to finish up 2008! Thanks for all the great reports and pics you posted this year! :cool2: Happy New Year!

6. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    Way to go Dave....it sure feels good to help someone catch their PB. :big_smile:

7. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    yeah it was a really good trip, had a great time. And I finally busted a couple 50's, lol. Big thanks to Bumper for putting me on some hawgs!

8. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Nice catfish, David.

9. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Nice work! Thanks for sharing the pics!

10. flying_v_64

flying_v_64 New Member

State:
    NC
    Way to go David! Great fishing trip which included a double PB by Aaron...NICE! :smile2:

11. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    great report...congrats on the pb......

12. Southerncats

Southerncats New Member

State:
    Alabama
    congrats on the new pb...way to go David, looks like BASS is a pretty good bait as well

13. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Way to Put Wolverine on those behemoth blues.

The persistence and second long drive out surely paid off.

I'll be looking you up if I ever come your way since you have so much room on your boat!:smile2::cool2::wink:

Again, making it look easy.

14. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    Dang Aaron, those are some nice fish there. Congratulations. See ya at work.

15. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Persistence pays off! Congrats to you both!

16. radish

radish Member

State:
    ms
    GREAT bunch of fish guys. Congrats on your pb.

17. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Great fish there. Its a great thing to put others on big fish. Reps to ya bumper.

18. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Congrats to you on your PB's. Shoulders, I say them there fish have shoulders. Reps to you both. For the catch, and for helping a brother achieve a goal.

19. Shebraids

Shebraids New Member

State:
    ga
    Way to go Massey and Bumper!! What a great catch!

Hats off to both of you!

~Denise~

20. brew1961

brew1961 New Member

State:
    West Virgi
    Nice fish guys! I dream of the day I catch a hog like that! WTG!