TN member gathering, is there one.

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by mcwrestler, Mar 5, 2007.

1. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I know some groups have state chairs and positions like that where one person was in charge of coordinating events. I know that a National gathering is in KY and I may try to go but I was wondering if one ever happens in TN, if so when the next one may be or when the last one was, and if not could it be organized. I would love to fish with some members and maybe learn new tricks. I have been to fish ins with the carp anglers group and enjoyed it alot, however, I prefer catfish and meeting others who like the same thing.

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill

3. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    We do as Willard stated. We also get together many times each year for local fishing days we may have anywhere from 2 to 12 or even 20 boats fishing at the same time. In the hot months we fish all night as a group. It is much fun.
    Keep up with our Tennessee threads and join us. I am chomping at the bit as we speak. Come on warm weather.

Danny

4. blkhawkdwn

blkhawkdwn New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Danny I'm in Clarksville, I to haven't heard anything about get togethers in the area other than in Febuary (for the last 2 sessions it has been extremely cold for some strange reason). I really would like to join a trip out every once ina while just to meet some of the local members.

5. Kittycatcher

Kittycatcher New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Te
    Brad, our next gathering is in (Spring) April at Pickwick Landing down by Savanah, Tennessee. The dates are 26th thru 29th April. It looks like we are going to have about 30 people right now. So go to Gatherings and them click on the Pickwick Gathering April 26, 27,28 and 29, 2007 the last page and sign up. WE allways have alot of fun. You will get to meet some of the Tn, Ark, Ky, Mo,AL and some other states. Shilohred is the local person for Pickwick, I have learn alot from him. Hope to see you there.

6. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Actually, Brad, no one is actually ASSIGNED the responsibility for gatherings in any specific or general location, or even a single gathering. First of all, except for the national gatherings, gatherings are started by individuals, with volunteers offering their help. Where you see yearly gatherings at a specific location, hosted by the same person, year after year, it's because that member has had the interest and willingness to devote his/her time and effort to hosting that event each year, and to suggest and drum up interest in the next one, till it has become an expected and looked-for event.
    There have been a couple of successful gatherings at Chickamauga, and I'm sure that if you wanted to get up a gathering either there or up on Watts Bar, you would find enough folks for a gathering. Remember, a gathering doesn't have to have a lot of people attending to be successful--from tiny acorns mighty oaks grow.

7. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I will see if I can make those dates, but since that is when school is winding down with exams and all it is doubtful. These local fishing days sound like a blast, I will keep an eye out for them. I too am hoping for the warm weather to stay. Are the local fishing days listed in gatherings or are they spur of the moment and posted in the TN forum. I am looking into the big gathering in Henderson. I may try and make that trip.

8. keithcatfish

keithcatfish New Member

State:
    Maryville, TN
    To all interested parties and mcwrestler in particular: What do you say to a gathering somewhere in east TN sometime this summer? Ft. Loudon is an awesome fishery.

9. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    I'D TRY TO COME, I'M LOCATED ABOUT AS FAR EAST AS YOU CAN GO HERE IN TN.

10. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    The one day trips are kind of spur of the moment and sometimes planed.
    Someone may post on monday or tuesday saying ( how many would be interested in a group fish in the Dover area this Saturday) Thats sometimes all it take to get 2, 3 or even 5 or more boats together for a fun day. We keep in touch through out the day by radio or cell phone. It's more fun when you can report a fresh catch, do a little braggin or to bring boats together on a hot spot. You don't have to have a boat. If you boat with someone who offeres you a seat flip the boat owner a few bucks if you have it, if you don't have it don't worry we try to find a seat for everyone. Sometimes a group may decide to bank fish and this group would be just as much part of the day as the ones in boats.

It's fun

Danny

11. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Any dates put up I will consider. At this time I am planning on going to the following gatherings

Pickwick Tn April 26,27,28
    Arkansas May 4,5,6
    Missouri May 18,19,20
    Keystone Ok June 1,2,3
    Henderson Ky June 8,9,10

The only one I haven't made my final decision about as of now is Missouri

I hope to make many more this year.

Danny

12. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Well, I am located in Maryville/Alcoa so Ft. Loudon would sound great to me, but I don't mind traveling. I believe a Ft. Loudon gathering would be fun, I don't have a boat but I could throw someone a little cash if I could get a seat on theirs. I mainly bank fish, and I have never fished solely for catfish from a boat, but I am sure I could pick it up.

13. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Keith, why don't you fire one up for your area and we will come. There is some mighty fine fishing at Ft. Loudon.

14. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    All I need is about 3 weeks notice for a one day trip to Ft. Loudon on a weekend. I would say we could get a good group together. After May 17 I am open about anytime I can get off work.

15. keithcatfish

keithcatfish New Member

State:
    Maryville, TN
    How does the weekend before Memorial Day weekend sound (May 19 + 20)? Since it is before Memorial Day, some of the giant ocean liners that are so common of Ft. Loudon might not be out yet. Loudon is VERY hard to fish during the day on a summer weekend because the boat traffic is so bad. However, night fishing is no problem at all. The only campground and ramp I know of on Ft. Loudon is located at Poland Creek. Its not the most scenic of places but it is functional. The stretch of lake between Poland and Turkey Creeks happens to be the section of lake I know best and has several productive areas. If enough folks are interested, I'll organize a gathering. Holler Back!!

16. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Keith, put Judy and me down for this one. It is bound to be a good gathering.

17. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
  18. cattfishingking

cattfishingking New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    where is this place i live in Nashville im thinking of going

19. knight88

knight88 New Member

State:
    AZ & TN
    Well I didn't join the group fast enough to make the Pickwick gathering this week, stuck in AZ for at least 2 more weeks. I get to work while the wife and kids have all the fun.. We have a place near Clifton in Hardin county. Hope to make the next one... Andy:angry:

20. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Josh, from Nashville, go about halfway to Jackson on I40, then turn left (south) on 13. Counce is right by the dam, so directions to Counce will get you there. The campground is on the other side of the dam from Counce, on the downstream side of the dam; run by TVA. Hope we see you there. I'm planning on leaving Little Rock Wednesday morning. I'll be in an old green & white motor home.