Tis that Time Again

Discussion in 'Garden Tips And Talk' started by SubnetZero, Jul 2, 2007.

1. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Japanese Beetles starting to show up here in the last week or so. Last year, I didn't notice them until my purple plumb tree was pretty infested. So far, I've only seen about half dozen flying around it...

I looked at the "Traps" you can pick up at most Box stores, but to be honest wasn't too keen on the idea... Instead I usually buy Seven that you hook up to your hose.. Easy to use, has been very effective, and one application usually is all I need for the Summer... Anyone with plants or trees that they are prone to attacking may want to get out there and put your favorite beetle deterrent on/out...

2. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Yeah, I noticed several beetles today. Definitely stay away from the traps. I've heard from several reputable sources that they do trap beetles, but they attract a heck of a lot more that are not trapped. You have basically attracted the beetles to your yard to chew up your plants/flowers. I prefer Sevin as well. I also go out twice a day and drop the beetles into some warm, soapy water for their final demise. :angry:

3. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'm thinkin the beetles all drowned in these Oklahoma rains... but the snakes are sure thriving in our tall, soggy grass; "ran into" two more yesterday. Maybe they're eatin all the beetles? Yikes, I gotta go mow. Beatles and snakes beware! :wink: