Tis that Time Again

Discussion in 'Garden Tips And Talk' started by SubnetZero, Jul 2, 2007.

1. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

Sherman IL
    Japanese Beetles starting to show up here in the last week or so. Last year, I didn't notice them until my purple plumb tree was pretty infested. So far, I've only seen about half dozen flying around it...

I looked at the "Traps" you can pick up at most Box stores, but to be honest wasn't too keen on the idea... Instead I usually buy Seven that you hook up to your hose.. Easy to use, has been very effective, and one application usually is all I need for the Summer... Anyone with plants or trees that they are prone to attacking may want to get out there and put your favorite beetle deterrent on/out...
  2. alands94

alands94 Active Member

Lebanon, I
    Yeah, I noticed several beetles today. Definitely stay away from the traps. I've heard from several reputable sources that they do trap beetles, but they attract a heck of a lot more that are not trapped. You have basically attracted the beetles to your yard to chew up your plants/flowers. I prefer Sevin as well. I also go out twice a day and drop the beetles into some warm, soapy water for their final demise. :angry:

3. Hope

Hope New Member

I'm thinkin the beetles all drowned in these Oklahoma rains... but the snakes are sure thriving in our tall, soggy grass; "ran into" two more yesterday. Maybe they're eatin all the beetles? Yikes, I gotta go mow. Beatles and snakes beware! :wink: