Tired

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Phil Washburn, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    sometimes i am just really tired..........i have to work tomorrow and maybe sunday too....i see welfare recipients in my town driving better cars than i have ever owned in my life....Darryl is in town for a few weeks and i am trying to go fishing with him...but when the penny is skinny i can't turn down work.

but i am a very blessed person...there are people in burn units that wished they had my problems.............thank you Lord, for your blessings on me

2. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I know how you feel Phil, that sounded kind weird lol. Your always glad the lord blesses you but sometimes you wish he wouldn't bless you quite so much:smile2:. Especially when you have fishing plans. Did Darryl get to fish with Albert? Looking forward to meeting you and Darryl at the tournament next Saturday. Hopefully ya'll will get to come down.

3. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Phil; A little quote for ya.

"Every trial endured and weathered in the right spirit makes a soul nobler and stronger than it was before." James Buckham.

Still makes it tough to suck up sometimes though don't it? John.

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Now I understand why ya are always cranky also. LOL!

5. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Hang in there Phil!

It's supposed to be pretty windy this weekend and rain tomorrow anyway. I don't know yet but OKLAHOMA WINDY is probably pretty windy.

I am heading out to the fossil quarry down south in a few minutes and will be gone all weekend.

We'll fish next week and I plan on hitting Thunderbird or elsewhere the entire next weekend. I'd like to pitch a tent and just stay down there but it isn't too far so I might save the cold weather camping for Texoma next month.

Sorry Johnny, I don't think we are making the tourney next weekend. It's just a long way to go right now. Heck, I have a 2 1/2 hour trip to make this morning even. I am going to wear out my truck before I get back to Missouri. If I don't go broke buying gas that is. LOL

6. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    I know the feeling Brother!! I was supposed to go deer hunting this morning, but i worked till 1:00 am and have to go back in this morning for awhile. Then back in tonight at 5:00 pm. Today is openining day for muzzleloading season, well there is always tomorrow-----Maybe!!

7. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I know how you feel Phil!!! I just finished a 32-day stretch without a day off,(14 to 16 hrs a day)!!! I will say this though: IT SURE FEELS GOOD TO GET THE WEEKEND OFF!!!!!

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i know exactly how you feel.. i work road construction, many hours...then add a 12mth. old that insists in sleeping with mom and dad. and a cranky wife! me and the dog usually end up out on the couch! lol....rollo

9. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Phil, I share your feelings about some welfare recipients. We know of a family that's been on some kind of welfare all their life. Paying for groceries with food stamps and paying cash for beer.
    About working overtime... I never down turned an hour in my life. If I could work for regular pay, I darn sure could work for time and half. I worked with people that were always complaining about not having enough money but refused all overtime.... made no sense to me.

You are so right about one counting their own blessings... I seem to forget when things are going good.

10. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Shoot be happy you have a job ive been out of work for awhile and i cant seem to get hired on anywhere and i mean anywhere.Times sure are tough brother.your blessed more then you know.

11. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Phil I know what you mean.

12. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i worked hard all my life as a labourer or oil field trash and then i retired.i till give a poodle a hair cut if i need a little money for gas or to make a gathering.i try to hunt or fish 6 days a week and now i find that i work a lot harder at fishing than i ever did work.but then the pay is a lot better now.lol

13. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Phil, the 10 years I had my business here in OKC. it was in overload 1 month and bone dry dead the next. You can never out guess the plubic. So we did the same, worked hard in the busy time, and fished in the slow. We were just 1 mile from Overholser lake, and we took turns opening the shop while the other guy fished. I dont miss all those long 8:00am to midnight hours at all. I love this retirement thing, and I do it well.

14. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    It woild be nice if the econemy picked up alot of folks dont have work that wants it....It has been slow for me and I am worried bout winter comin on but WHAT DONT KILL ME IS ONLY GONNA MAKE ME STRONGER