Tired of the rain/flooding

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by atvracer, May 3, 2009.

1. atvracer

atvracer Member

State:
    IN-47501
    So since it has been warmer lately I have really been itching to go fishing, but the water levels down south have been high due to all the rain. Last week it was finally down enough to bank fish. I found a new pond a few days ago loaded with bluegill. I went yesterday and caught half a dozen so I could try for some big cats but once again the river has risen about 5 feet in the past week and is now out of the banks again. I was so disgusted I ended up turning the bluegill loose as there was no decent spot to fish. Hopefully this rain will stop for awhile so things can get to normal..............

2. shawn 314

shawn 314 New Member

State:
    st. louis
    yeah bud me and my bro went bait hunting we got nice size shad and sum nice blue gills 2 but the only thing we mas lacking was a place to fish cuz our rivers flooded major but we had this 1 bank spot that we thought nobody knew about but we where wrong when we reach our secert spot it was tons of people there like they were holding a reunion meeting

3. clyde12

clyde12 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Great fish Shawn!

4. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    Rain! Why not add sleet & snow? Or no fishing buddy? Or working 2 ptj's 6-7 days a week? Tired of it all? I AM!:angry:

5. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    Send the rain South. Even though it's green here in Central Texas, we still need lots of rain. Need to make up or last year, and need to fill the lakes.

6. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    yeah the river is high here in central indiana.. But i dont mind driving to the lakes

7. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    yeah well the lakes are flooded too

8. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    It is a challenge at times here in central indiana finding a place to fish with the flooding. I us to hate the rain now I mainly hate the wind. I usually can deal with the rain. The guys in central indiana that fish the Flood Controll Lakes really have troubles getting on the water at times, mainly the spring. If you can get on the water with it rising all I can say most of the time is hang onto those rods and reel them in. It cant rain forever!

9. rollinrooster69

rollinrooster69 New Member

State:
    indiana
    the flathead fishing in indiana is better when it rains and the river is high you well get more flatheads in the high water try it

10. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Not if your stuck to a bank..

11. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    to heck with it shane I got tomarrow off lets try it:smile2:

12. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    I caught those two flattys lastnight but I dont concider that flood water.. but the river was still up

13. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Whatta-ya think NOW? lol

14. buckeater

buckeater Member

State:
    Indiana
    im going to hit the river tonight up here in broadripple. let you guys know how i do tomorrow.

15. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    Good luck!!!! were supposed to have severe t-storms here, was thinking about going out anyways, Who knows????????????

16. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yeah, its the same over here on the west side of the state. The Wabash is yo yo ing on a weekly basis, with lots of trash comin down from up north.
    Cataract sits in a big bowl so you can imagine what its like, last time I was on it you had to duck to go under the bridge on 42.
    Turtle Creek finally suspended the 10 hp rule which gives me another option, but wind plays a major factor on it. When the wind kicks up and the white caps rise, Turtle creek is no place to be.
    Sullivan Lake aint bad for crappie & gills, not much for cats. The pleasure boaters pretty much rule it now and the lake fees keep going up.
    It pretty much leaves the strip pits at Greene & Sullivan and the West Dugger Unit for now. I sure hope things get lined out soon. I'm jonesing for a weekend on running water. :embarassed:

17. Jadkins

Jadkins New Member

State:
    Connersville, I
    Well guys Skippi2use and my self have been waering the channels out on brookville.. alll i can say it nice to have the rain now we can get to places that we noramly cant (aka Corn fields)..... we have done great the last 2 days out look under the brookville past and read what skippi says..... hey you guy that get on the water do too no boat come on down me or skippi will get you out fishing..........

Hope everything works out for everyone...!!!!!!!!!!